New Content (1)
Features and Benefits
- Triaxial, digital output MEMS vibration sensing module
- ±50 g measurement range
- Ultralow noise density, 25 μg/√Hz
- Wide bandwidth: dc to 10 kHz with 5% flatness
- Embedded fast data sampling: 220 kSPS
- FIR filters, 32 taps (coefficients)
- High-pass filter cutoff frequencies: 1 kHz, 5 kHz, 10 kHz
- Low-pass filter cutoff frequencies: 1 kHz, 5 kHz, 10 kHz
- User configurable filter bank (32 coefficients)
- Spectral analysis through FFT
- Extended record length: 2048 bins per axis
- Manual or timer-based (automatic) triggering
- Windowing options: rectangular, Hanning, flat top
- Multirecord averaging, configurable up to 255 records
- Spectral defined alarm monitoring, 6 alarms per axis
- Time domain capture with statistical metrics
- Extended record length: 4096 points per axis
- Mean, standard deviation, peak, crest factor, skewness, and kurtosis
- Real-time data streaming: 220 kSPS on each axis
- Burst mode communication with CRC-16 error checking
- Storage: 10 data records for each axis
- On demand self test with status flags
- Sleep mode with external and timer driven wakeup
- Digital temperature and power supply measurements
- SPI-compatible serial interface
- Identification registers: serial number, device ID, user ID
- Single-supply operation: 3.0 V to 3.6 V
- Operating temperature range: −40°C to +105°C
- Automatic shutdown at 125°C (junction temperature)
- 23.7 mm × 26.7 mm × 12 mm aluminum package
- 34.5 mm flexible, 14-pin connector interface
The ADcmXL3021 is a complete vibration sensing system that combines high performance vibration sensing (using MEMS accelerometers) with a variety of signal processing functions to simplify the development of smart sensor nodes in condition-based monitoring (CBM) systems. The ultralow noise density (25 µg/√Hz) in the MEMS accelerometers supports excellent resolution. The wide bandwidth (dc to 10 kHz with 5% flatness) enables tracking of key vibration signatures on many machine platforms.
The signal processing includes high speed data sampling (220 kSPS), 4096 sample record lengths, filtering, windowing, fast fourier transform (FFT), user configurable spectral alarms, and error flags. The serial peripheral interface (SPI) is provides access to a register structure that contains the vibration data and a wide range of user configurable functions.
The ADcmXL3021 is available in a 23.7 mm × 26.7 mm × 12 mm aluminum package with four mounting flanges to support installation with standard machine screws. This package provides consistent mechanical coupling to the core sensors over a broad frequency range (>10 kHz). The electrical interface is through a 14-pin connector on a 34.2 mm flexible cable, which enables a wide range of location and orientation options for system mating connectors.
The ADcmXL3021 requires only a single 3.3 V power supply and supports an operating temperature range of −40°C to +105°C.
- Vibration analysis
- CBM systems
- Machine health
- Instrumentation and diagnostics
- Safety shutoff sensing
Product Lifecycle Pre-Release
This product is new and engineering validation may still be underway. Quantities may be limited and design specifications may change while we ready the product for release to production.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.