Features and Benefits
- Single axis, digital output MEMS vibration sensing module
- ±50 g measurement range
- Ultralow output noise density, 26 μg/√Hz (MTC mode)
- Wide bandwidth: dc to 10 kHz within 3 dB flatness (RTS mode)
- Embedded fast data conversion rate: 220 kSPS
- 6 digital FIR filters, 32 taps (coefficients), default options:
- High-pass filter cutoff frequencies: 1 kHz, 5 kHz, 10 kHz
- Low-pass filter cutoff frequencies: 1 kHz, 5 kHz, 10 kHz
- User configurable digital filter option (32 coefficients)
- Spectral analysis through internal FFT
- Extended record length: 2048 bins with user configurable bin sizes from 0.42 Hz to 53.7 Hz
- Manual or timer-based (automatic) triggering
- Windowing options: rectangular, Hanning, flat top
- FFT record averaging, configurable up to 255 records
- Spectral defined alarm monitoring, 6 alarms
- Time domain capture with statistical metrics
- Extended record length: 4096 samples
- Mean, standard deviation, peak, crest factor, skewness, and kurtosis
- Configurable alarm monitoring
- Real-time data streaming: 220 kSPS
- Burst mode communication with CRC-16 error checking
- Storage: 10 data records for each axis
- On demand self test with status flags
- Sleep mode with external and timer driven wakeup
- Digital temperature and power supply measurements
- SPI-compatible serial interface
- Identification registers: factory preprogrammed serial number, device ID, user programmable ID
- Single-supply operation: 3.0 V to 3.6 V
- Operating temperature range: −40°C to +105°C
- Automatic shutdown at 125°C (junction temperature)
- 23.7 mm × 27.0 mm × 12.4 mm aluminum package
- 36 mm flexible, 14-lead module with integrated flexible connector
- Mass: 13 g
The ADcmXL1021-1 is a complete vibration sensing system that combines high performance vibration sensing (using a microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) accelerometer) with a variety of signal processing functions to simplify the development of smart sensor nodes in condition-based monitoring (CBM) systems. The typical ultralow noise density (26 μg/√Hz) in the MEMS accelerometers supports excellent resolution. The wide bandwidth (dc to 10 kHz within 3 dB flatness) enables tracking of key vibration signatures on many machine platforms.
The signal processing includes high speed data sampling (220 kSPS), 4096 time sample record lengths, filtering, windowing, fast Fourier transform (FFT), user configurable spectral or time statistic alarms, and error flags. The serial peripheral interface (SPI) provides access to a register structure that contains the vibration data and a wide range of user configurable functions.
The ADcmXL1021-1 is available in a 23.7 mm × 27.0 mm × 12.4 mm aluminum package with four mounting flanges to support installation with standard machine screws. This lightweight package (13 g) provides consistent mechanical coupling to the core sensors over a broad frequency range. The electrical interface is through a 14-lead connector on a 36 mm flexible cable, which enables a wide range of location and orientation options for system mating connectors.
The ADcmXL1021-1 requires only a single, 3.3 V power supply and supports an operating temperature range of −40°C to +105°C.
Multifunction pin names may be referenced by their relevant function only.
- Vibration analysis
- Condition-based monitoring (CbM) systems
- Machine health
- Instrumentation and diagnostics
- Safety shutoff sensing
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADCM is a simple to use kit that allows quick performance evaluation of Analog Devices 1-axis or 3-axis, digital output MEMS vibration sensing modules. The ADcmXL3021 module consists of 3 single axis, ultra-low noise, high bandwidth ADXL1002 accelerometers, a fully implemented signal chain and MCU to incorporate configurable digital FIR filters, spectral analysis through internal FFT, configurable alarm monitoring, and time domain capture and statistical analysis. A single axis version, the ADcmXL1021 is also available. The EVAL-ADCM is ideal for evaluation of the ADcmXLX021 vibration sensing modules since the kit readily provides full spectrum experience of all features of the product.
Features & Benefits
- The EVAL-ADCM kit includes either an ADcmXL1021 or an ADcmXL3021 vibration sensor
- Easily connects to PC for full features evaluation
- Evaluation software for effortless configuration of the module, register setup, data display and data logging
- High-speed SPI to USB adaptor for high data rate Real Time Streaming (RTS)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.