New Content (1)
User GuidesUG-1532: ADAU1787Z Evaluation Board User Guide
Features and Benefits
- Programmable FastDSP audio processing engine
- Up to 768 kHz sample rate
- Biquad filters, limiters, volume controls, mixing
- 28-bit SigmaDSP audio processing core
- Visually programmable using SigmaStudio
- Up to 50 MIPS performance
- Low latency, 24-bit ADCs and DACs
- 96 dB SNR (signal through PGA and ADC with A-weighted filter)
- 105 dB combined SNR (signal through DAC and headphone with A-weighted filter)
- Serial port fSYNC frequency from 8 kHz to 192 kHz
- 5 μs group delay (fS = 768 kHz) analog in to analog out with FastDSP bypass
- 4 single-ended analog inputs, configurable as microphone or line inputs
- 8 digital microphone inputs
- 2 analog differential audio outputs, configurable as either line output or headphone driver
- PLL supporting any input clock rate from 30 kHz to 27 MHz
- Full-duplex, 4-channel ASRCs
- 2, 16-channel serial audio ports supporting I2S, left justified, or up to TDM16
- 8 interpolators and 8 decimators with flexible routing
- Power supplies
- Analog AVDD at 1.8 V typical
- Digital I/O IOVDD at 1.1 V to 1.98 VDigital DVDD at 0.9 V typical
- Low power (11.027 mW for typical stereo noise cancelling solution)
- I2C and SPI control interfaces, self boot from I2C EEPROM
- Flexible GPIO
- 42-ball, 0.35 mm pitch, 2.695 mm × 2.320 mm WLCSP
The ADAU1787 is a codec with four inputs and two outputs that incorporates two digital signal processors (DSPs). The path from the analog input to the DSP core to the analog output is optimized for low latency and is ideal for noise cancelling headsets. With the addition of just a few passive components, the ADAU1787 provides a complete headset solution.
Note that throughout this data sheet, multifunction pins, such as BCLK_0/MP1, are referred to either by the entire pin name or by a single function of the pin, for example, BCLK_0, when only that function is relevant.
- Noise cancelling handsets, headsets, and headphones
- Bluetooth ANC handsets, headsets, and headphones
- Personal navigation devices
- Digital still and video cameras
- Musical instrument effect processors
- Multimedia speaker systems
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
This user guide explains the design and setup of the EVAL-ADAU1787Z evaluation board.
This evaluation board provides access to all analog and digital inputs/outputs on the ADAU1787. The ADAU1787 core is controlled by Analog Devices, Inc., SigmaStudio® software, which interfaces to the EVAL-ADAU1787Z via a USB connection. The EVAL-ADAU1787Z can be powered by the USB bus or by a single 3.8 V to 5 V supply. Any of these supplies are regulated to the voltages required on the EVAL-ADAU1787Z. The printed circuit board (PCB) is a 6-layer design, with a ground plane and a power plane on the inner layers. The EVAL-ADAU1787Z contains connectors for external microphones and speakers. The master clock can be provided externally or by the on-board 24.576 MHz passive crystal.
Multifunction pin names may be referenced by their relevant function only, for example, MPx, throughout this user guide.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.