Features and Benefits
- Measures up to 12 battery cells in series
- Maximum lifetime total measurement error: ±1.9 mV at 3.3 V per cell (–40℃ to +85℃)
- Stackable architecture for high voltage battery packs
- Built-in isoSPI interface
- 2 Mbps isolated serial communications
- Uses a single twisted pair, up to 20 meters
- Low EMI susceptibility and emissions
- Bidirectional for broken wire protection
- Capacitor or transformer coupled
- Hot plug tolerant without external protection
- Diagnostics for IC and application circuit failure modes
- 304 μs to measure all cells in a system
- 16-bit ADC with programmable noise filter
- Passive cell balancing up to 300 mA per channel with programmable PWM
- 7 GPIOx or analog inputs
- Temperature or other sensor inputs
- Configurable as an I2C or SPI controller
- Sleep state V+ supply current: 5.5 μA typical
- Includes low power cell monitoring (LPCM) for cell and temperature monitoring in key-off state
- 48-lead LFCSP_SS package with exposed pad
- Also available in 48-lead LQFP package with exposed pad, see ADBMS6815
- AEC-Q100 qualified for automotive applications
The ADBMS6815M is a multicell battery stack monitor that measures up to 12 series connected battery cells with a lifetime total measurement error (TME) of less than 1.9 mV. The cell measurement range of 0 V to 5 V makes the ADBMS6815M suitable for most battery chemistries. All 12 cells can be measured in 304 μs, and lower data acquisition rates can be selected for high noise reduction.
Multiple ADBMS6815M devices can be connected in series, permitting simultaneous cell monitoring of long, high voltage battery strings. Each ADBMS6815M has an isolated serial peripheral interface (isoSPI™) interface for high speed, RF immune, long distance communications. Multiple devices are connected in a daisy chain with one host processor connection for all devices. This daisy chain can operate bidirectionally to ensure communication integrity even in the event of a fault along the communication path.
The ADBMS6815M can be powered directly from the battery stack or from an isolated supply. The ADBMS6815M includes passive balancing for each cell, with individual pulse-width modulation (PWM) duty cycle control for each cell. Other features include an on-board 5 V regulator, seven general-purpose input and output (GPIOx) lines, and a sleep state, where current consumption is reduced to 5.5 μA.
- Electric and hybrid electric vehicles
- Backup battery systems
- Grid energy storage
- Large portable power banks
Product Lifecycle Pre-Release
This product is new and engineering validation may still be underway. Quantities may be limited and design specifications may change while we ready the product for release to production.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.