Features and Benefits
- 256-channel, current-to-digital converter module
- Up to 24-bit resolution
- Variable integration time
- Fastest integration time: 22.6 kSPS maximum
- (44.2 μs minimum) at 20-bit resolution
- Low power dissipation: 2.3 mW per channel at any throughput
- Integral linearity
- ±0.050% of reading, ±1.0 ppm of FSR: all channels active
- Very low noise
- Simultaneous sampling
- No dead time, no loss of charge, 100% charge collection
- User adjustable full-scale range
- On-board temperature sensor and reference buffer
- 15 mm × 15mm, CSP_BGA package
- Simple printed circuit board (PCB) design
- Integrated capacitors for supply and reference decoupling
- 0.80 mm pitch BGA allows low cost PCB technology
- Support tools
- Evaluation board
- Reference design with reference layout
- FPGA Verilog code
The ADAS1135 is a 256-channel, current-to-digital, analog-to-digital converter (ADC) module. It contains 256 low power, low noise, low input current integrators, simultaneous sample-and-holds, and two high speed, high resolution ADCs with configurable sampling rate and resolutions of up to 24 bits. The signal chain and sampling architecture of the ADAS1135 is designed to guarantee that all channels are simultaneously sampled, and that no charge is lost throughout the sampling process.
All converted channel results are output on a dual, low voltage differential signaling (LVDS), self clocked serial interface, which reduces external hardware.
An SPI-compatible serial interface allows configuration of the ADC using the SDI_x input. The SDO_x output allows the user to daisy-chain several ADCs on a single, 4-wire bus. The ADAS1135 uses the separate supply, IOVDD, to reduce digital noise effect on the conversions.
The ADAS1135 is in a 15 mm × 15 mm, CSP_BGA package.
- Medical, industrial, and security CT scanner data acquisition
- Photodiode sensors
- Dosimetry and radiation therapy systems
- Optical fiber power monitoring
- X-ray detection systems
- High channel count data acquisition systems (current or voltage inputs)
Please contact the ADC Development Group for additional technical information.
Product Lifecycle Pre-Release
This product is new and engineering validation may still be underway. Quantities may be limited and design specifications may change while we ready the product for release to production.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.