Features and Benefits
- 50 mW at up to 250 MSPS internal clock speed
- 100 MHz analog output
- Integrated 10-bit DAC
- 0.058 Hz or better frequency resolution
- 0.022° phase tuning resolution
- Programmable modulus in frequency equation
- Phase noise ≤ –135 dBc per Hz @ 1 kHz offset (DAC output)
- (<115 dBc per Hz when using on-board PLL multiplier)
- Excellent dynamic performance
- >80 dB SFDR @ 100 MHz (±100 kHz offset) AOUT
- Automatic linear frequency sweeping capability
- 8 frequency or phase offset profiles
- 1.8 V power supply
- Software and hardware controlled power-down
- Parallel and serial programming options
- 32-lead LFCSP package
- Optional PLL REF_CLK multiplier
- Internal oscillator (can be driven by a single crystal)
- Phase modulation capability
The AD9913 is a complete direct digital synthesizer (DDS) designed to meet the stringent power consumption limits of portable, handheld, and battery-powered equipment. The AD9913 features a 10-bit digital-to-analog converter (DAC) operating up to 250 MSPS. The AD9913 uses advanced DDS technology, coupled with an internal high speed, high performance DAC to form a complete, digitally-programmable, high frequency synthesizer capable of generating a frequency agile analog output sinusoidal waveform at up to 100 MHz.
The AD9913 provides fast frequency hopping and fine tuning resolution. The AD9913 also offers fine resolution phase offset control. Control words are loaded into the AD9913 through the serial or parallel I/O port. The AD9913 also supports a user-defined linear sweep mode of operation for generating highly linearized swept waveforms of frequency. To support various methods of generating a system clock, the AD9913 includes an oscillator, allowing a simple crystal to be used as the frequency reference, as well as a high speed clock multiplier to convert the reference clock frequency up to the full system clock rate. For power saving considerations, many of the individual blocks of the AD9913 can be powered down when not in use.
The AD9913 operates over the extended industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C.
- Portable and handheld equipment
- Agile LO frequency synthesis
- Programmable clock generator
- FM chirp source for radar and scanning systems
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Application Notes (23)
Tools & Simulations
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Technical Articles (21)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.