Features and Benefits
- 1 GSPS internal clock speed (up to 400 MHz output directly)
- Integrated 1 GSPS 14-bit DAC
- 48-bit frequency tuning word with 4 μHz resolution
- Differential HSTL comparator
- Flexible system clock input accepts either crystal or external reference clock
- On-chip low noise PLL REFCLK multiplier
- 2 SpurKiller channels
- See data sheet for additional information
The AD9912 is a direct digital synthesizer (DDS) that features an integrated 14-bit digital-to-analog converter (DAC). The AD9912 features a 48-bit frequency tuning word (FTW) that can synthesize frequencies in step sizes no larger than 4 μHz. Absolute frequency accuracy can be achieved by adjusting the DAC system clock.
The AD9912 also features an integrated system clock phase-locked loop (PLL) that allows for system clock inputs as low as 25 MHz.
The AD9912 operates over an industrial temperature range, spanning −40°C to +85°C.
- Agile LO frequency synthesis
- Low jitter, fine tune clock generation
- Test and measurement equipment
- Wireless base stations and controllers
- Secure communications
- Fast frequency hopping
Markets & Technology
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The AD9912 evaluation board is an evaluation platform for the AD9912 direct digital synthesizer (DDS). It easily connects to a host computer via a USB interface and allows easy access to all AD9912 features via the Windows®-based evaluation software and graphical user interface.
Features & Benefits
- Flexible system clock input accepts crystal, crystal oscillator, or external reference clock
- Dedicated pad for mounting crystal or crystal oscillator
- DAC output easily accessible via SMA connector
- SMA connectors provided for external reconstruction filter
- Easy to use Windows graphical user interface
- Software control of all AD9912 features
- Power supplies that are easily separated
- Connection via USB port
- Dedicated SMA connectors for CMOS, DAC, and HSTL outputs
- Residual phase noise at 250 MHz
10 Hz offset: −113 dBc/Hz
1 kHz offset: −133 dBc/Hz
100 kHz offset: −153 dBc/Hz
40 MHz offset: −161 dBc/Hz
Application Notes (23)
Tools & Simulations
Technical Articles (21)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.