Features and Benefits
- 10-Bit Dual Muxed Port DAC
- 300 MSPS Output Update Rate
- Excellent SFDR and IMD Performance
- SFDR to Nyquist @ 25 MHz Output: 64 dB
- Internal Clock Doubling PLL
- Differential or Single-Ended Clock Input
- On-Chip 1.2 V Reference
- Single 3.3 V Supply Operation
- Power Dissipation: 155 mW @ 3.3 V
- 48-Lead LQFP
The AD9751 is a dual muxed port, ultrahigh speed, single-channel, 10-bit CMOS DAC. It integrates a high quality 10-bit TxDAC+ core, a voltage reference, and digital interface circuitry into a small 48-lead LQFP package. The AD9751 offers exceptional ac and dc performance while supporting update rates up to 300 MSPS.
The AD9751 has been optimized for ultrahigh speed applications up to 300 MSPS where data rates exceed those possible on a single data interface port DAC. The digital interface consists of two buffered latches as well as control logic. These latches can be time multiplexed to the high speed DAC in several ways. This PLL drives the DAC latch at twice the speed of the externally applied clock and is able to interleave the data from the two input channels. The resulting output data rate is twice that of the two input channels. With the PLL disabled, an external 2× clock may be supplied and divided by two internally.
The CLK inputs (CLK+/CLK–) can be driven either differentially or single-ended, with a signal swing as low as 1 VP-P.
The DAC utilizes a segmented current source architecture combined with a proprietary switching technique to reduce glitch energy and maximize dynamic accuracy. Differential current outputs support single-ended or differential applications. The differential outputs each provide a nominal full-scale current from 2 mA to 20 mA.
The AD9751 is manufactured on an advanced low cost 0.35 µm CMOS process. It operates from a single supply of 3.0 V to 3.6 V and consumes 155 mW of power.
- The AD9751 is a member of a pin compatible family of high speed TxDAC+s, providing 10-, 12-, and 14-bit resolution.
- Ultrahigh Speed 300 MSPS Conversion Rate.
- Dual 10-Bit Latched, Multiplexed Input Ports. The AD9751 features a flexible digital interface allowing high speed data conversion through either a single or dual port input.
- Low Power. Complete CMOS DAC function operates on 155 mW from a 3.0 V to 3.6 V single supply. The DAC full-scale current can be reduced for lower power operation.
- On-Chip Voltage Reference. The AD9751 includes a 1.20 V temperature compensated band gap voltage reference.
- Communications: LMDS, LMCS, MMDS
- Base Stations
- Digital Synthesis
- QAM and OFDM
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Application Notes (5)
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.