Features and Benefits
- Pin-compatible family
- Excellent dynamic performance
- LVDS data interface with on-chip 100 Ω terminations
- Built-in self test
- LVDS sampling integrity
- LVDS-to-DAC data transfer integrity
- Low power: 380 mW (IFS = 20 mA; fOUT = 330 MHz)
- 1.8/3.3 V dual-supply operation
- Adjustable analog output
- 8.66 mA to 31.66 mA (RL = 25 Ω to 50 Ω)
- On-chip 1.2 V reference
- 160-lead chip scale ball grid array (CSP_BGA) package
The AD9736, AD9735, and AD9734 are high performance, high frequency DACs that provide sample rates of up to 1200 MSPS, permitting multicarrier generation up to their Nyquist frequency. The AD9736 is the 14-bit member of the family, while the AD9735 and the AD9734 are the 12-bit and 10-bit members, respectively. They include a serial peripheral interface (SPI) port that provides for programming of many internal parameters and enables readback of status registers.
A reduced-specification LVDS interface is utilized to achieve the high sample rate. The output current can be programmed over a range of 8.66 mA to 31.66 mA. The AD973x family is manufactured on a 0.18 μm CMOS process and operates from 1.8 V and 3.3 V supplies for a total power consumption of 380 mW in bypass mode. It is supplied in a 160-lead chip scale ball grid array for reduced package parasitics.
- Low noise and intermodulation distortion (IMD) features enable high quality synthesis of wideband signals at inter-mediate frequencies up to 600 MHz.
- Double data rate (DDR) LVDS data receivers support the maximum conversion rate of 1200 MSPS.
- Direct pin programmability of basic functions or SPI port access offers complete control of all AD973x family functions.
- Manufactured on a CMOS process, the AD973x family uses a proprietary switching technique that enhances dynamic performance.
- The current output(s) of the AD9736 family are easily configured for single-ended or differential circuit topologies.
- Broadband communications systems
- Cellular infrastructure (digital predistortion)
- Point-to-point wireless
- Instrumentation, automatic test equipment
- Radar, avionics
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Evaluation Kits (1)
This page contains evaluation board documentation and ordering information for evaluating the AD9734.
Features & Benefits
- Evaluation board for the AD9736/35/34
- Includes options to evaluate the DAC
- USB interface for configuration
- Internal or external power supply regulation
- On-board or external clock distribution
- Data pattern generator and SPI software interfaces
- Compatible with EVAL-SDP-CH1Z or ADS7-V2EBZ
Documentation & Resources
Software & Systems Requirements
ACE Evaluation Software
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.