Features and Benefits
- Four ADCs in one package
- 8B/10B Encoded data streams, with embedded clock;
- Serial Current Mode Logic (CML) digital outputs
- SNR = 65 dBFs (to Nyquist) at 210Msps
- SFDR = 77dBc (to Nyquist) at 210Msps
- Excellent linearity
DNL = ±0.5 LSB (typical)
INL = ±0.5 LSB (typical)
- 700 MHz full power analog bandwidth
- Please see data sheet for additional features.
Product DetailsThe AD9639 is a quad, 12-bit, 210 MSPS analog-to-digital converter (ADC) with an on-chip temperature sensor and a high speed serial interface. It is designed to support digitizing high frequency, wide dynamic range signals with an input bandwidth up to 780MHz. The output data are serialized per the JESD204 standard. The ADC requires a single 1.8 V power supply and the input clock may be driven differentially with a sine wave, LVPECL, TTL, or LVDS. A clock duty cycle stabilizer allows high performance at full speed with a wide range of clock duty cycles. The on-chip reference removes the need for external decoupling and can be adjusted by means of SPI control.
Various power-down and standby modes are supported. The ADC typically consumes 145 mW per channel with the digital link still in operation when standby operation is enabled.
Fabricated on an advanced CMOS process, the AD9639 is available in a Pb free/RoHS compliant, 72-lead LFCSP package. It is specified over the industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C.
- Four ADCs are contained in a small, space-saving package.
- On chip PLL allows user to provide one ADC sampling clock and the ADC distributes and multiplies up to produce the corresponding data rate clock.
- Encoded data rate supports up to 4Gbps per channel. Encoding includes 8B/10B to ensure proper DC common mode and embedded clock per JESD204.
- The AD9639 operates from a single 1.8 V power supply.
- Communication receivers
- Cable head end equipment/M-CMTS
- Broadband radios
- Wireless infrastructure transceivers
- Radar/mil-aero sub systems
- Test equipment
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (2)
This page contains evaluation board documentation and ordering information for evaluating the AD9639.
The HSC-ADC-EVALCZ high speed converter evaluation platform uses an FPGA based buffer memory board to capture blocks of digital data from the Analog Devices high speed analog-to-digital converter (ADC) evaluation boards. The board is connected to the PC through a USB port and is used with VisualAnalog® to quickly evaluate the performance of high speed ADCs. The evaluation kit is easy to set up. Additional equipment needed includes an Analog Devices high speed ADC evaluation board, a signal source, and a clock source. Once the kit is connected and powered, the evaluation is enabled instantly on the PC.
Features & Benefits
- 64kB FIFO Depth
- Works with single and multi-channel ADCs
- Use with VisualAnalog® software
- Based on Virtex-4 FPGA
- May require adaptor to interface with some ADC eval boards
- Allows programming of SPI control Up to 644 MSPS SDR / 800MSPS DDR Encode Rates on each channel
- DDR Encode Rates on each channel
Application Notes (13)
Tools & Simulations
Virtual Eval - BETA
Virtual Eval is a web application to assist designers in product evaluation of ADCs, DACs, and other ADI products. Using detailed models on Analog’s servers, Virtual Eval simulates crucial part performance characteristics within seconds. Configure operating conditions such as input tones and external jitter, as well as device features like gain or digital down-conversion. Performance characteristics include noise, distortion, and resolution, FFTs, timing diagrams, response plots, and more.
AD9639 IBIS Models
For designers who are selecting or evaluating high speed ADCs, VisualAnalog™ is a software package that combines a powerful set of simulation and data analysis tools with a user-friendly graphical interface.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.