Features and Benefits
- SNR = 64.9 dBFS @ fIN up to 70 MHz @ 250 MSPS
- ENOB of 10.4 @ fIN up to 70 MHz @ 250 MSPS (−1.0 dBFS)
- SFDR = −79 dBc @ fIN up to 70 MHz @ 250 MSPS (−1.0 dBFS)
- Excellent linearity
DNL = ±0.3 LSB typical
INL = ±0.5 LSB typical
- 700 MHz full power analog bandwidth
- On-chip reference, no external decoupling required
- Integrated input buffer and track-and-hold
- Low power dissipation
434 mW @ 250 MSPS—LVDS SDR mode
400 mW @ 250 MSPS—LVDS DDR mode
- Programmable input voltage range 1.0 V to 1.5 V, 1.25 V nominal
- 1.8 V analog and digital supply operation
- LVDS output with selectable data format
(offset binary, twos complement, Gray code)
- 11-bit version available: AD923011BCPZ-200
The AD9230 is a 12-bit monolithic sampling analog-to-digital converter optimized for high performance, low power, and ease of use. The product operates at up to a 250 MSPS conversion rate and is optimized for outstanding dynamic performance in wideband carrier and broadband systems. All necessary functions, including a track-and-hold (T/H) and voltage reference, are included on the chip to provide a complete signal conversion solution.The ADC requires a 1.8 V analog voltage supply and a differential clock for full performance operation. The digital outputs are LVDS (ANSI-644) compatible and support either twos complement, offset binary format, or Gray code. A data clock output is available for proper output data timing.
Fabricated on an advanced CMOS process, the AD9230 is available in a 56-lead LFCSP, specified over the industrial temperature range (−40°C to +85°C).
- High Performance—Maintains 64.9 dBFS SNR @ 250 MSPS with a 70 MHz input.
- Low Power—Consumes only 434 mW @ 250 MSPS.
- Ease of Use—LVDS output data and output clock signal allow interface to current FPGA technology. The on-chip reference and sample and hold provide flexibility in system design. Use of a single 1.8 V supply simplifies system power supply design.
- Serial Port Control—Standard serial port interface supports various product functions, such as data formatting, disabling the clock duty cycle stabilizer, power-down, gain adjust, and output test pattern generation.
- Pin-Compatible Family—10-bit pin-compatible family offered as AD9211.
- Wireless and wired broadband communications
- Cable reverse path
- Communications test equipment
- Radar and satellite subsystems
- Power amplifier linearization
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
This page contains evaluation board documentation and ordering information for evaluating the AD9230.
Application Notes (18)
Tools & Simulations
Virtual Eval - BETA
Virtual Eval is a web application to assist designers in product evaluation of ADCs, DACs, and other ADI products. Using detailed models on Analog’s servers, Virtual Eval simulates crucial part performance characteristics within seconds. Configure operating conditions such as input tones and external jitter, as well as device features like gain or digital down-conversion. Performance characteristics include noise, distortion, and resolution, FFTs, timing diagrams, response plots, and more.
AD9230 (11-Bit) IBIS Model
AD9230 IBIS Models
For designers who are selecting or evaluating high speed ADCs, VisualAnalog™ is a software package that combines a powerful set of simulation and data analysis tools with a user-friendly graphical interface.
ADIsimRF is an easy-to-use RF signal chain calculator. Cascaded gain, noise, distortion and power consumption can be calculated, plotted and exported for signal chains with up to 50 stages. ADIsimRF also includes an extensive data base of device models for ADI’s RF and mixed signal components.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.