Features and Benefits
- Four current feedback, high current amplifiers
- Ideal for use as ADSL/ADSL2+ dual-channel central office (CO) line drivers
- Low power operation
- Power supply operation from ±5 V (+10 V) up to ±12 V (+24 V)
- Less than 3 mA/amp quiescent supply current for full power ADSL/ADSL2+ CO applications (20.4 dBm line power, 5.5 CF)
- Three active power modes plus shutdown
- High output voltage and current drive
- 500 mA peak output drive current
- 42.6 V p-p differential output voltage
- Low distortion
- −93 dBc at1 MHz second harmonic
- −103 dBc at 1 MHz third harmonic
- High speed: 515 V/μs differential slew rate
- Additional functionality of AD8392AACP
- On-chip, common-mode voltage generation
The AD8392A is comprised of four high output current, low power consumption, operational amplifiers. It is particularly well suited for the CO driver interface in digital subscriber line systems, such as ADSL and ADSL2+. The driver is capable of providing enough power to deliver 20.4 dBm to a line, while compensating for losses due to hybrid insertion and back termination resistors.
The AD8392A is available in two thermally enhanced packages, a 28-lead TSSOP_EP (AD8392AARE) and a 5 mm × 5 mm, 32-lead LFCSP (AD8392AACP). Four bias modes are available via the use of two digital bits (PD1, PD0).
Additionally, the AD8392AACP provides VCOM pins for on-chip, common-mode voltage generation.
The low power consumption, high output current, high output voltage swing, and robust thermal packaging enable the AD8392A to be used as the CO line drivers in ADSL and other xDSL systems.
- ADSL/ADSL2+ CO line drivers
- XDSL line drivers
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.