Features and Benefits
- Voltage feedback amplifier
- Ideal for ADSL and ADSL2+ central office (CO) and customer premises equipment (CPE) applications
- Enables high current differential applications
- Low power operation
- Single- or dual-supply operation from 10 V (± 5 V) up to 24 V (± 12 V)
- 5.5 mA total quiescent supply current for full power ADSL and ADSL2+ CO applications
- Adjustable supply current to minimize power consumption
- High output voltage and current drive
- 400 mA peak output drive current
- 44 V p-p differential output voltage
- Low distortion
- −70 dBc MTPR, 26 kHz to 1.1 MHz
- −65 dBc MTPR, 1.1 MHz to 2.2 MHz
- High speed: 260 V/μs differential slew rate
The AD8390A is a high output current, low power consumption differential amplifier. It is particularly well suited for the central office (CO) driver interface in digital subscriber line systems such as ADSL and ADSL2+. In full bias operation, the driver delivers 20.4 dBm output power into low resistance loads while compensating for hybrid and transformer insertion losses and back termination resistors.
The AD8390A is available in a thermally enhanced LFCSP package (16-lead LFCSP). Significant control and flexibility in bias current have been designed into the AD8390A. Four power modes are selectable via two digital inputs, PD0 and PD1, providing three levels of driver bias and one power-down state. In addition, the IADJ pin is available for fine quiescent current trimming to tailor the performance of the AD8390A.
The low power consumption, high output current, high output voltage swing, and robust thermal packaging enable the AD8390A to be used as the central office line driver in ADSL, ADSL2+, and proprietary xDSL systems, as well as in other high current applications requiring a differential amplifier.
- ADSL/ADSL2+ CO and CPE line drivers
- xDSL line drivers
- High current differential amplifiers
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.