Features and Benefits
- Ideal for current shunt applications
- EMI filters included
- 1 μV/°C maximum input offset drift
- High common-mode voltage range
−4 V to +65 V operating (5V supply)
−4 V to +35V operating (3.3V supply)
−25 V to +75 V survival
- Gain = 20 V/V
- 3.3 V to 5.5 V supply range
- Wide operating temperature range: −40°C to +125°C
- Bidirectional current monitoring
- <500 nV/°C typical offset drift
- <10 ppm/°C typical gain drift
- >90 dB CMRR dc to 10 kHz
- Qualified for automotive applications
The AD8207 is a single-supply difference amplifier ideal for amplifying small differential voltages in the presence of large common-mode voltage. The operating input common-mode voltage range extends from −4 V to +65 V with a 5 V supply. The AD8207 works with a single-supply voltage of 3.3 V to 5 V, and is ideally suited to withstand large input PWM common-mode voltages, typical in solenoid and motor control applications.
The AD8207 is available in an 8-lead SOIC package. Excellent dc performance over temperature keeps errors in the mea-surement loop to a minimum. Offset drift is typically less than 500 nV/°C, and gain drift is typically below 10 ppm/°C.
The AD8207 is ideal for bidirectional current sensing applications. It features two reference pins,VREF1 and VREF2, that allow the user to easily offset the output of the device to any voltage within the supply range. With VREF1 attached to the V+ pin and VREF2 attached to the GND pin, the output is set at half scale. Attaching both pins to GND causes the output to be unipolar, starting near ground. Attaching both pins to V+ causes the output to be unipolar starting near V+. Other output offsets are achieved by applying an external low impedance voltage to the VREF1 and VREF2 pins.Applications
- High-side current sensing in
Vehicle dynamic control
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
This evaluation board is obsolete and no longer recommended.
The AD-FMCMOTCON2-EBZ is a complete high performance servo system on an FPGA Mezzanine Card (FMC) board, the purpose of which is to provide a complete motor drive system demonstrating efficient and high dynamic control of three phase PMSM and induction motors up to 48V and 20A.
Two motors can be driven at the same time, each motor having its separate power supply. The system incorporates high quality power sources; reliable power, control, and feedback signals isolation; accurate measurement of motor current & voltage signals; high speed interfaces for control signals to allow fast controller response; industrial Ethernet high speed interfaces; single ended Hall, differential Hall, encoder and resolver interfaces; digital position sensors interface; flexible control with a FPGA/SoC interface.
The kit consists of two boards: a controller board and a drive board. An optional AD-DYNO2-EBZ dynamometer can also be purchased through Avnet and is intended to be an extension of the drive system.
- Digital board for interfacing with the low and high voltage drive boards
- Compatible with all Xilinx FPGA platforms with FMC LPC or HPC connectors
- FMC signals voltage adaptation interface for seamless operation on all FMC voltage levels
- Fully isolated digital control and feedback signals
- Isolated Xilinx XADC interface
- 2 x Gbit Ethernet PHYs for high speed industrial communication, with 3rd party EtherCAT support
- Single ended Hall, Differential Hall, Encoder, Resolver interfaces
- Digital sensors interfaces
- BISS Interface
- Drives motors up to 48V @ 20A
- Drives 2 motors simultaneously
- High frequency drive stage implemented with ADI isolated gate drivers
- Supported motor types
Stepper (bipolar / unipolar)
- Integrated over current protection
- Reverse voltage protection
- Current and Voltage measurement using isolated ADCs
- BEMF zero cross detection for sensorless control of PMSM or BLDC motors
- Separate voltage supplies for the 2 motors so that the motors don't influence each other
Dynamometer System with Embedded Control
- Two BLDC motors connected by a rigid couple in a dyno setup, which can be used to test real-time motor control performance.
- One BLDC motor acts as an electronically adjustable load and is driven by the embedded control system. This motor can be directly connected to the FMC motor drive to get complex / active loads. The load can be driven also by the AD-FMCMOTCON2-EBZ to implement dynamic load profiles.
- The other BLDC motor is driven by the FMC motor drive.
- Measurement and display of load motor current
- Measurement and display of load motor speed
- External control using Analog Discovery and MathWorks Instrumentation Control Toolbox
Example reference designs showing how to use the platform with Xilinx® FPGAs or SoCs and high performance control algorithms from Mathworks® are provided together with the hardware. Information on the FMC board, and how to use it, the design package that surrounds it, and the software which can make it work, can be found by clicking the software link.
Features & Benefits
This evaluation board is obsolete and no longer recommended.
The FMCMOTCON2 evaluation kit enables users to:
- Model and implement motor control algorithms rapidly for high performance servo systems, incorporating system modelling and design concepts using Mathworks model based design
- Reduce time needed to move a motor control system from concept to production, by providing a prototyping system to verify the hardware and control algorithms before moving to production stage.
Tools & Simulations
Technical Articles (2)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.