Features and Benefits
- Multiple pins/software-programmable input ranges
+5 V (10 V p-p), +10 V (20 V p-p),
±5 V (20 V p-p), ±10 V (40 V p-p)
- Pins or serial SPI®-compatible input ranges/mode selection
1 MSPS (warp mode)
800 kSPS (normal mode)
670 kSPS (impulse mode)
- 14-bit resolution with no missing codes
- INL: ±0.3 LSB typical, ±1 LSB maximum (±61 ppm of FSR)
- SNR: 85 dB @ 2 kHz
- iCMOS® process technology
- 5 V internal reference: typical drift 3 ppm/°C; TEMP output
- No pipeline delay (SAR architecture)
- Parallel (14- or 8-bit bus) and serial 5 V/3.3 V interface
- Power dissipation
235 mW @ 1 MSPS
10 mW @ 1 kSPS
Product DetailsThe AD7952 is a 14-bit, charge redistribution, successive approximation register (SAR) architecture analog-to-digital converter (ADC) fabricated on Analog Devices, Inc.’s iCMOS high voltage process. The device is configured through hardware or via a dedicated write-only serial configuration port for input range and operating mode. The AD7952 contains a high speed 14-bit sampling ADC, an internal conversion clock, an internal reference (and buffer), error correction circuits, and both serial and parallel system interface ports. A falling edge on CNVST samples the fully differential analog inputs on IN+ and IN−. The AD7952 features four different analog input ranges and three different sampling modes: warp mode for the fastest throughput, normal mode for the fastest asynchronous throughput, and impulse mode where power is scaled with throughput. Operation is specified from −40°C to +85°C.
- Process controls Medical instruments
- High speed data acquisition
- Digital signal processing
- Spectrum analysis
Markets & Technology
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
AD7952 Companion Parts
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
- For low noise, high frequency and +/ 12V supplies: AD8021, ADA4898-1, ADA4922-1.
- For low bias current, low frequency and +/-13V supplies: AD8610.
- For low noise, low frequency, ultralow distortion and +/-18V supplies: AD8597, ADA4627-1.
- For low noise, low frequency, low distortion and 12V supplies: ADA4841-1.
Recommended External Voltage References
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.