Features and Benefits
- Multiple pins/software-programmable input ranges
+5 V (10 V p-p), +10 V (20 V p-p),
±5 V (20 V p-p), ±10 V (40 V p-p)
- Pins or serial SPI®-compatible input ranges/mode selection
- Throughput: 250 kSPS
- INL: ±1.5 LSB typical, ±2.5 LSB maximum (±9.5 ppm of FSR)
- 18-bit resolution with no missing codes
- Dynamic range: 102.5 dB
- SNR: 101 dB @ 2 kHz
- THD: −112 dB @ 2 kHz
- iCMOS® process technology
- 5 V internal reference: typical drift 3 ppm/°C; TEMP output
- No pipeline delay (SAR architecture)
- Parallel (18-/16-/8-bit bus) and serial 5 V/3.3 V interface
Product DetailsThe AD7631 is an 18-bit, charge redistribution, successive approximation register (SAR), architecture analog-to-digital converter (ADC) fabricated on Analog Devices, Inc.’s iCMOS high voltage process. The device is configured through hardware or via a dedicated write-only serial configuration port for input range and operating mode. The AD7631 contains a high speed 18-bit sampling ADC, an internal conversion clock, an internal reference (and buffer), error correction circuits, and both serial and parallel system interface ports. A falling edge on CNVST samples the fully differential analog inputs on IN+ and IN−. The AD7631 features four different analog input ranges. Power is scaled linearly with throughput. Operation is specified from −40°C to +85°C.
- Process controls
- High speed data acquisition
- Digital signal processing
- Spectrum analysis ATE
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-AD7631EDZ is a fully featured evaluation Kit for the AD7631. This board operates in stand alone mode or in conjunction with the Converter Evaluation and Development board, EVAL-CED1Z . When operated with the Converter Evaluation and Development board, software is provided enabling the user to perform detailed analysis of the ADC's performance. This software includes the technical note describing the operation and set up of the evaluation board in standalone operation or when operated with the Converter Evaluation and Development board.
AD7631 Companion Parts
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
- For low noise, high frequency and +/ 12V supplies: AD8021, ADA4898-1, ADA4922-1.
- For low noise, low frequency, ultralow distortion and +/-18V supplies: AD8597, ADA4627-1.
- For low bias current, low frequency and +/-13V supplies: AD8610.
- For low noise, low frequency, low distortion and 12V supplies: ADA4841-1.
Recommended External Voltage References
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.