Features and Benefits
- 8 Simultaneously Sampled Inputs
- True bipolar analog input ranges: ±10 V, ±5 V
- Single 5V Analog Supply, 2.3V to +5V VDRIVE
- 1MΩ Analog Input Impedance
- 2nd Order Anti-alias Analog Filter
- 7kV ESD rating on Analog input channels
- Analog Input Over Voltage Clamp Protection
- Over-sampling capability with digital filter,
e.g. 96dB SNR at 50 ksps
- Fast throughput rate: 200 kSPS for all channels
- 90dB SNR at 200ksps
- Low power: 80 mW at 200 kSPS, 10 mW per channel
- On-chip accurate reference and reference buffer
- See data sheet for additional features
The AD7608 is an 18-bit, 8 channel, simultaneous sampling Analog-to-Digital Data Acquisition system (DAS). The part contains analog input clamp protection, 2nd order anti-alias filter, track and hold amplifier, 18-bit charge redistribution successive approximation ADC, flexible digital filter, 2.5V reference and reference buffer and high speed serial and parallel interfaces.
The AD7608 operates from a single 5V supply and can accommodate ± 10V and ±5V true bipolar input signals while sampling at throughput rates up to 200 kSPS for all channels. The input clamp protection circuitry can tolerate voltages up to ±16.5V. The AD7608 has 1 MΩ analog input impedance regardless of sampling frequency. The single supply operation, on chip filtering and high input impedance eliminates the need for driver op-amps and external bipolar supplies. The AD7608 antialias filter has a 3 dB cut off frequency of 22 kHz and provides 40 dB anti-alias rejection when sampling at 200ksps. The flexible digital filter is pin driven, yields improvements in SNR, and reduces the 3 dB bandwidth.
- Power line monitoring and protection systems
- Multiphase Motor Control
- Instrumentation and control systems
- Multi-axis positioning systems
- Data Acquisition Systems
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-AD7608SDZ is a fully featured evaluation Kit for the AD7608. This board operates in standalone mode or in conjunction with the Evaluation Controller Board, EVAL-SDP-CB1Z. When operated with the Evaluation Controller Board, software is provided enabling the user to perform detailed analysis of the ADC's performance. This software includes the technical note describing the operation and set up of the evaluation board in standalone operation or when operated with the Evaluation Controller Board.
AD7608 Companion Parts
Recommended Digital Isolators
- For high performance, low power, bidirectional communication: ADUM1402.
- For isolated power in 3.3V or 5V outputs: ADUM5000.
- For high performance, low power, bidirectional communication with integrated isolated power: ADUM5402.
Recommended External 2.5V Voltage Reference
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.