Features and Benefits
- 8 simultaneously sampled inputs
- True bipolar analog input ranges: ±10 V, ±5 V
- Single 5 V analog supply and 2.3 V to 5.25 V VDRIVE
- Fully integrated data acquisition solution
- Analog input clamp protection
- Input buffer with 1 MΩ analog input impedance
- Second-order antialiasing analog filter
- On-chip accurate reference and reference buffer
- 18-bit ADC with 200 kSPS on all channels
- Oversampling capability with digital filter
- Flexible parallel/serial interface
- SPI/QSPI™/MICROWIRE™/DSP compatible
- Pin compatible solutions from 14-bits to 18-bits
- 7 kV ESD rating on analog input channels
- 98 dB SNR, −107 dB THD
- Low power: 100 mW
- Standby mode: 25 mW
- 64-lead LQFP package
The AD7608 is an 18-bit, 8-channel simultaneous sampling, analog-to-digital data acquisition system (DAS). The part contains analog input clamp protection, a second-order antialiasing filter, a track-and-hold amplifier, an 18-bit charge redistribution successive approximation analog-to-digital converter (ADC), a flexible digital filter, a 2.5 V reference and reference buffer, and high speed serial and parallel interfaces.
The AD7608 operates from a single 5 V supply and can accommodate ±10 V and ±5 V true bipolar input signals while sampling at throughput rates up to 200 kSPS for all channels.
The input clamp protection circuitry can tolerate voltages up to ±16.5 V. The AD7608 has 1 MΩ analog input impedance regardless of sampling frequency. The single supply operation, on-chip filtering, and high input impedance eliminate the need for driver op amps and external bipolar supplies. The AD7608 antialiasing filter has a 3 dB cutoff frequency of 22 kHz and provides 40 dB antialias rejection when sampling at 200 kSPS. The flexible digital filter is pin driven, yields improvements in SNR, and reduces the 3 dB bandwidth.
- Power line monitoring and protection systems
- Multiphase motor controls
- Instrumentation and control systems
- Multiaxis positioning systems
- Data acquisition systems (DAS)
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-AD7608SDZ is a fully featured evaluation Kit for the AD7608. This board operates in standalone mode or in conjunction with the Evaluation Controller Board, EVAL-SDP-CB1Z. When operated with the Evaluation Controller Board, software is provided enabling the user to perform detailed analysis of the ADC's performance. This software includes the technical note describing the operation and set up of the evaluation board in standalone operation or when operated with the Evaluation Controller Board.
Software & Systems Requirements
AD7606 Mbed IIO Application
Learn how to get started with Mbed
Tools & Simulations
AD7608 Companion Parts
Recommended Digital Isolators
- For high performance, low power, bidirectional communication: ADUM1402.
- For isolated power in 3.3V or 5V outputs: ADUM5000.
- For high performance, low power, bidirectional communication with integrated isolated power: ADUM5402.
Recommended External 2.5V Voltage Reference
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.