Features and Benefits
- Specified for VDD of 1.6 V to 3.6 V
- Low power:
0.62 mW typical at 100 kSPS with 3 V supplies
0.48 mW typical at 50 kSPS with 3.6 V supplies
0.12 mW typical at 100 kSPS with 1.6 V supplies
- Fast throughput rate: 200 kSPS
- Wide input bandwidth:
71 dB SNR at 30 kHz input frequency
- Flexible power/serial clock speed management
- No pipeline delays
- High speed serial interface:
- Automatic power-down
- Power-down mode: 8 nA typical
- 6-lead SOT-23 package
- 8-lead MSOP package
The AD7466/AD7467/AD7468 are 12-/10-/8-bit, high speed, low power, successive approximation analog-to-digital converters (ADCs), respectively. The parts operate from a single 1.6 V to 3.6 V power supply and feature throughput rates up to 200 kSPS with low power dissipation. The parts contain a low noise, wide bandwidth track-and-hold amplifier, which can handle input frequencies in excess of 3 MHz.
The conversion process and data acquisition are controlled using CS and the serial clock, allowing the devices to interface with microprocessors or DSPs. The input signal is sampled on the falling edge of CS, and the conversion is also initiated at this point. There are no pipeline delays associated with the part.
The reference for the part is taken internally from VDD. This allows the widest dynamic input range to the ADC. Thus, the analog input range for the part is 0 V to VDD. The conversion rate is determined by the SCLK.
- Specified for supply voltages of 1.6 V to 3.6 V
- 12-, 10-, and 8-bit ADCs in SOT-23 and MSOP packages
- High throughput rate with low power consumption. Power consumption in normal mode of operation at 100 kSPS and 3 V is 0.9 mW maximum
- Flexible power/serial clock speed management. The conversion rate is determined by the serial clock, allowing the conversion time to be reduced through increases in the serial clock speed. Automatic power-down after conversion allows the average power consumption to be reduced when in power-down. Current consumption is 0.1 μA maximum and 8 nA typically when in power-down
- Reference derived from the power supply
- No pipeline delay
- The part features a standard successive approximation ADC with accurate control of conversions via a CS input
- Battery-powered systems
- Medical instruments
- Remote data acquisition
- Isolated data acquisition
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-AD7466CBZ is a fully featured evaluation kit for the AD7466. This board operates in stand alone mode or in conjunction with the Evaluation Controller board . When operated with the Evaluation Controller board, software is provided enabling the user to perform detailed analysis of the ADC's performance. This software includes the technical note describing the operation and set up of the evaluation board in standalone operation or when operated with the Evaluation Controller board. This Evaluation board can be used to evaluate the AD7467 and AD7468 generics also, however you will need to order the parts separately to put on the board.
Software & Systems Requirements
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.