Features and Benefits
- JESD204B Subclass 0 or Subclass 1 coded serial digital outputs
- Signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) = 71.9 dBFS at 185 MHz AIN and 250 MSPS with NSR set to 33%
- Spurious-free dynamic range (SFDR) = 88 dBc at 185 MHz AIN and 250 MSPS
- Total power consumption:
707 mW at 250 MSPS
- 1.8 V supply voltages
- Integer 1-to-8 input clock divider
- Sample rates of up to 250 MSPS
- IF sampling frequencies of up to 400 MHz
- Internal analog-to-digital converter (ADC) voltage reference
- See data sheet for additional features
The AD6673 is an 11-bit, 250 MSPS, dual-channel intermediate frequency (IF) receiver specifically designed to support multi-antenna systems in telecommunication applications where high dynamic range performance, low power, and small size are desired.
The device consists of two high performance analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) and noise shaping requantizer (NSR) digital blocks. Each ADC consists of a multistage, differential pipelined architecture with integrated output error correction logic, and each ADC features a wide bandwidth switched capacitor sampling network within the first stage of the differential pipeline. An integrated voltage reference eases design considerations. A duty cycle stabilizer (DCS) compensates for variations in the ADC clock duty cycle, allowing the converters to maintain excellent performance.
Each ADC output is connected internally to an NSR block. The integrated NSR circuitry allows for improved SNR performance in a smaller frequency band within the Nyquist bandwidth. The device supports two different output modes selectable via the SPI. With the NSR feature enabled, the outputs of the ADCs are processed such that the AD6673 supports enhanced SNR performance within a limited portion of the Nyquist bandwidth while maintaining an 11-bit output resolution.
The NSR block can be programmed to provide a bandwidth of either 22% or 33% of the sample clock. For example, with a sample clock rate of 250 MSPS, the AD6673 can achieve up to 76.3 dBFS SNR for a 55 MHz bandwidth in the 22% mode and up to 73.5 dBFS SNR for a 82 MHz bandwidth in the 33% mode.
When the NSR block is disabled, the ADC data is provided directly to the output at a resolution of 11 bits. The AD6673 can achieve up to 65.9 dBFS SNR for the entire Nyquist bandwidth when operated in this mode. This allows the AD6673 to be used in telecommunication applications such as a digital predistortion observation path where wider bandwidths are required.
By default the ADC output data is routed directly to the two external JESD204B serial output lanes. These outputs are at current mode logic (CML) voltage levels. Two modes are supported such that output coded data is either sent through one lane or two (L = 1; F = 4 or L = 2; F = 2). Single lane operation supports converter rates up to 125 MSPS. Synchronization input controls (SYNCINB± and SYSREF±) are provided.
- The configurable JESD204B output block with an integrated phase-locked loop (PLL) to support up to 5 Gbps per lane with up to two lanes.
- IF receiver includes two, 11-bit, 250 MSPS ADCs with programmable noise shaping requantizer (NSR) function that allows for improved SNR within a reduced bandwidth of 22% or 33% of the sample rate.
- Support for an optional RF clock input to ease system board design.
- Proprietary differential input maintains excellent SNR performance for input frequencies of up to 400 MHz.
- An on-chip integer, 1-to-8 input clock divider and SYNC input allows synchronization of multiple devices.
- Operation from a single 1.8 V power supply.
- Standard serial port interface (SPI) that supports various product features and functions, such as controlling the clock DCS, power-down, test modes, voltage reference mode, overrange fast detection, and serial output configuration.
- Diversity radio and smart antenna (MIMO) systems
- Multimode digital receivers (3G)
TD-SCDMA, WiMAX, WCDMA, CDMA2000, GSM, EDGE, LTE
- I/Q demodulation systems
- General-purpose software radios
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
This page contains evaluation board ordering information for evaluating the AD6673.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board for the AD6673
- SPI interface for setup and control
- Balun/transformer or amplifier input drive option
- On-board LDO regulator needing a single external 6 V, 2 A dc supply
- VisualAnalog® and SPI controller software interfaces
This evaluation board is obsolete and no longer recommended.
The CVT-ADC-FMC-INTPZB was developed in 2012 to serve as a temporary bridge between certain legacy ADI Tyco connector EVBs and the newer, industry-standard FMC-style connectors on certain COTS Xilinx FPGA platforms. The interposer was only verified for compatibility between specific ADI Converter EVBs and specific 3rd-party Xilinx COTS FPGA platforms listed here: https://wiki.analog.com/resources/alliances/xilinx#ad-adc-fmc_adapter_board
Please note that the CVT-ADC-FMC-INTPZ only supported the small subset of converter boards listed at the above link.
At this point the majority of the legacy Tyco eval brds previously supported by the CVT-ADC-FMC-INTPZ have either been obsolesced or redesigned using the new FMC-compatible connector. The decision was made to obsolete the interposer since it was no longer required/universally supported.
Software & Systems Requirements
Tools & Simulations
Virtual Eval - BETA
Virtual Eval is a web application to assist designers in product evaluation of ADCs, DACs, and other ADI products. Using detailed models on Analog’s servers, Virtual Eval simulates crucial part performance characteristics within seconds. Configure operating conditions such as input tones and external jitter, as well as device features like gain or digital down-conversion. Performance characteristics include noise, distortion, and resolution, FFTs, timing diagrams, response plots, and more.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.