Features and Benefits
- Easy to use
- Low cost solution
- Higher performance than two or three op amp design
- Unity gain with no external resistor
- Optional gains with one external resistor
(Gain range: 2 to 1000)
- Wide power supply range: ±2.6 V to ±15 V
- Available in 8-lead PDIP and 8-lead SOIC_N packages
- Low power, 1.5 mA maximum supply current
- DC performance
0.15% gain accuracy: G = 1
125 μV maximum input offset voltage
1.0 μV/°C maximum input offset drift
5 nA maximum input bias current
66 dB minimum common-mode rejection ratio: G = 1
12 nV/√Hz @ 1 kHz input voltage noise
0.60 μV p-p noise: 0.1 Hz to 10 Hz, G = 10
- AC characteristics
800 kHz bandwidth: G = 10
10 μs settling time to 0.1% @ G = 1 to 100
1.2 V/μs slew rate
The AD622 is a low cost, moderately accurate instrumentation amplifier in the traditional pin configuration that requires only one external resistor to set any gain between 2 and 1000. For a gain of 1, no external resistor is required. The AD622 is a complete difference or subtractor amplifier system that also provides superior linearity and common-mode rejection by incorporating precision laser-trimmed resistors.
The AD622 replaces low cost, discrete, two or three op amp instrumentation amplifier designs and offers good common-mode rejection, superior linearity, temperature stability, reliability, power, and board area consumption. The low cost of the AD622 eliminates the need to design discrete instrumentation amplifiers to meet stringent cost targets. While providing a lower cost solution, it also provides performance and space improvements.
- Transducer interface
- Low cost thermocouple amplifier
- Industrial process controls
- Difference amplifier
- Low cost data acquisition
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Analog Devices provides a line of evaluation boards designed to help users evaluate our instrumentation amplifiers in 8 pin packages. Access the user guide UG-261.
This user guide describes three generic evaluation boards that can be used to evaluate many of Analog Devices instrumentation amplifiers. For information on the performance of a specific instrumentation amplifier, see the data sheet for that instrumentation amplifier.
- 3 generic, easy-to-use evaluation boards
- Shipped with an assortment of Analog Devices in-amps
- Solder in the in-amp to be tested
- Test pins already populated
- Decoupling capacitors already populated
- EVAL-INAMP-62RZ board: Compatible with AD620, AD621, AD622, AD623, AD627, AD8223, AD8225, LT1167, LT1168 and LT6370 in SOIC or PDIP
- EVAL-INAMP-82RZ board: Compatible with AD8221, AD8226, AD8227, AD8228, AD8229, AD8421, AD8428, and AD8429 in SOIC package
- EVAL-INAMP-82RMZ board: Compatible with AD8220, AD8221, AD8226, AD8227, AD8228, AD8236, and AD8421 in MSOP package
Application Notes (6)
Tools & Simulations
In-Amp Diamond Plot Tool
The Diamond Plot Tool is a web application that generates a configuration-specific Output Voltage Range vs. Input Common-Mode Voltage graph, also known as the Diamond Plot, for Analog Devices Instrumentation Amplifiers. Based on user inputs such as supply voltage, gain, and input signal range, the tool detects saturation and recommends in-amps for which the input signal is in-range and the configuration is valid. Avoid saturation, find the best in-amp for your design, and save time.
These tools will help estimate error contributions in your instrumentation amplifier circuit. It uses input parameters such as temperature, gain, voltage input, and source impedance to determine the errors that can contribute to your overall design.
Technical Articles (5)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.