Features and Benefits
- 16-bit resolution and monotonicity
- Positive and negative DPC for thermal management
- Current or voltage output available on a single terminal
- Current output ranges: 0 mA to 20 mA, 4 mA to 20 mA, 0 mA to 24 mA, ±20 mA, ±24 mA, and −1 mA to +22 mA
- Voltage output ranges (with 20% overrange): 0 V to 5 V, 0 V to 10 V, ±5 V, and ±10 V
- User programmable offset and gain
- Advanced on-chip diagnostics, including a 12-bit ADC
- 2 external ADC input pins
- On-chip reference
- Robust architecture, including output fault protection
- −40°C to +115°C temperature range
- 40-lead, 6 mm × 6 mm LFCSP package
The AD5753 is a single-channel, voltage and current output digital-to-analog converter (DAC) that operates with a power supply range from a minimum of −33 V on AVSS to a maximum of +33 V on AVDD1 with a maximum operating voltage of 60 V between the two rails. On-chip dynamic power control (DPC) minimizes package power dissipation. This minimization is achieved by using buck dc-to-dc converters optimized for minimum on-chip power dissipation to regulate the voltage (VDPC+ and VDPC−) that is sent to the VIOUT output driver circuitry from the ±5 V to ±27 V supply voltage. The CHART pin enables a Highway Addressable Remote Transducer® (HART) signal to be coupled on the current output.
The AD5753 uses a versatile, 4-wire, serial peripheral interface (SPI) that operates at clock rates of up to 50 MHz and is compatible with standard SPI, QSPI™, MICROWIRE™, digital signal processor (DSP), and microcontroller interface standards. The interface features an optional SPI cyclic redundancy check (CRC) and a watchdog timer (WDT). The AD5753 offers improved diagnostic features from earlier versions of similar DACs, such as output current monitoring and an integrated, 12-bit diagnostic analog-to-digital converter (ADC). The inclusion of a line protector on the VIOUT, +VSENSE, and −VSENSE pins provides additional robustness.
- Range of advanced diagnostic features, including integrated ADC with two external input pins.
- DPC, using integrated buck dc-to-dc converters for thermal management, which enables higher channel count in small size module housing.
- Programmable power control (PPC) mode to enable faster than DPC settling time (15 μs typical).
- Highly robust with output protection from miswire events (±38 V).
- HART compliant.
- Process control
- Actuator control
- Channel isolated analog outputs
- Programmable logic controller (PLC) and distributed control systems (DCS) applications
- HART network connectivity
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
This user guide explains how to use the EVAL-AD5753SDZ to evaluate the AD5753, a single-channel, 16-bit voltage and current output, digital-to-analog converter (DAC) with on-chip positive and negative dynamic power control (DPC) that minimizes package power dissipation.
The EVAL-SDP-CS1Z system demonstration platform (SDP-S) board is required when using the EVAL-AD5753SDZ board. The EVAL-AD5753SDZ (see Figure 1) interfaces to the USB port of the PC via the EVAL-SDP-CS1Z (SDP-S). Analysis Control Evaluation (ACE) software is available to use with the EVAL-AD5753SDZ, and allows the programming of the AD5753. For full details on the AD5753, refer to the AD5753 data sheet.
Consult the AD5753 data sheet in conjunction with this user guide when using the EVAL-AD5753SDZ. The configuration of the various link options is explained in the Evaluation Board Hardware section. The installation of the companion software is discussed in the Software Quick Start Procedures section.
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.