Features and Benefits
- 12-bit resolution and monotonicity
- Dynamic power control for thermal management
- Current and voltage output pins connectable to a single terminal
- Current output ranges: 0 mA to 20 mA, 4 mA to 20 mA, and 0 mA to 24 mA
- ±0.1% total unadjusted error (TUE) maximum
- Voltage output ranges (with 20% overrange): 0 V to 5 V, 0 V to 10 V, ±5 V, and ±10 V
- ±0.09% total unadjusted error (TUE) maximum
- User-programmable offset and gain
- On-chip diagnostics
- On-chip reference: ±10 ppm/°C maximum
- −40°C to +105°C temperature range
The AD5735 is a quad-channel voltage and current output DAC that operates with a power supply range from −26.4 V to +33 V. On-chip dynamic power control minimizes package power dissipation in current mode. This reduced power dissipation is achieved by regulating the voltage on the output driver from 7.4 V to 29.5 V using a dc-to-dc boost converter optimized for minimum on-chip power dissipation.
The AD5735 uses a versatile 3-wire serial interface that operates at clock rates of up to 30 MHz and is compatible with standard SPI, QSPI™, MICROWIRE®, DSP, and microcontroller interface standards. The serial interface also features optional CRC-8 packet error checking, as well as a watchdog timer that monitors activity on the interface.
- Dynamic power control for thermal management.
- 12-bit performance.
- Quad channel.
- Process control
- Actuator control
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Documentation & Resources
Cyclic Redundancy Checking Ensures Correct Data Communications2/1/2011 Analog Dialogue
Software & Systems Requirements
AD5735 Companion Parts
Recommended Digital Isolators
- For higher data rates: dc to 90 Mbps: ADUM1400.
- For a low cost, quad channel, up to 10 Mbps data rate: ADUM1410, ADUM1411.
Recommended External 5V References
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.