Features and Benefits
- Low power, smallest pin-compatible, quad nanoDACs
- AD5664R: 16 bits
- AD5644R: 14 bits
- AD5624R: 12 bits
- User selectable external or internal reference External reference default On-chip 1.25 V/2.5 V, 5 ppm/°C reference
- 10-lead MSOP; 10-lead, 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP_WD; and 12-ball, 1.665 mm × 2.245 mm WLCSP
- 2.7 V to 5.5 V power supply
- Guaranteed monotonic by design
- Power-on reset to zero scale
- Per channel power-down
- Serial interface, up to 50 MHz
The AD5624R/AD5644R/AD5664R, members of the nanoDAC® family, are low power, quad, 12-/14-/16-bit buffered voltage-out DACs. All devices operate from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply and are guaranteed monotonic by design.
The AD5624R/AD5644R/AD5664R have an on-chip reference. The AD56x4R-3 has a 1.25 V, 5 ppm/°C reference, giving a full-scale output range of 2.5 V; the AD56x4R-5 has a 2.5 V, 5 ppm/°C reference giving a full-scale output range of 5 V. The on-chip reference is off at power-up, allowing the use of an external reference; all devices can be operated from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply. The internal reference is enabled via a software write.
The part incorporates a power-on reset circuit that ensures the DAC output powers up to 0 V and remains there until a valid write takes place. The part contains a per-channel power-down feature that reduces the current consumption of the device to 480 nA at 5 V and provides software-selectable output loads while in power-down mode. The low power consumption of this part in normal operation makes it ideally suited to portable battery-operated equipment.
The AD5624R/AD5644R/AD5664R use a versatile 3-wire serial interface that operates at clock rates up to 50 MHz, and is compatible with standard SPI, QSPI™, MICROWIRE™, and DSP interface standards. The on-chip precision output amplifier enables rail-to-rail output swing.
- Quad 12-/14-/16-bit DACs.
- On-chip 1.25 V/2.5 V, 5 ppm/°C reference.
- Available in 10-lead MSOP; 10-lead, 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP_WD; and 12-ball, 1.665 mm × 2.245 mm WLCSP.
- Low power, typically consumes 1.32 mW at 3 V and 2.25 mW at 5 V.
- Process controls
- Data acquisition systems
- Portable battery-powered instruments
- Digital gain and offset adjustment
- Programmable voltage and current sources
- Programmable attenuators
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
Software & Systems Requirements
Tools & Simulations
AD5644R Companion Parts
Recommended Digital Isolators
- For cost sensitive designs: ADUM7440, ADUM7441.
- For process control applications: ADuM1300.
- For digital isolators with integrated isolated power: ADUM5401.
- For isolated USB designs in healthcare and industrial control: ADUM4160.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.