Features and Benefits
- Enhanced Replacement for LF441 and TL061
- DC Performance:
200 µA max Quiescent Current
2 µVp-p Noise, 0.1 Hz to 10 Hz
- AC Performance:
1.8 V/µs Slew Rate
1 MHz Unity Gain Bandwidth
- See datasheet for additional features
The AD548 is a low power, precision monolithic operational amplifier. It offers both low bias current (10 pA max, warmed up) and low quiescent current (200 μA max) and is fabricated with ion-implanted FET and laser wafer trimming technologies. Input bias current is guaranteed over the AD548’s entire common-mode voltage range.
The economical J grade has a maximum guaranteed input offset voltage of less than 2 mV and an input offset voltage drift of less than 20 μV/°C. This level of dc precision is achieved utilizing Analog’s laser wafer drift trimming process. The combination of low quiescent current and low offset voltage drift minimizes changes in input offset voltage due to self-heating effects.
The AD548 is recommended for any dual supply op amp application requiring low power and excellent dc and ac performance. In applications such as battery-powered, precision instrument front ends and CMOS DAC buffers, the AD548’s excellent combination of low input offset voltage and drift, low bias current, and low 1/f noise reduces output errors. High common-mode rejection (82 dB, min on the “B” grade) and high open-loop gain ensures better than 12-bit linearity in high impedance, buffer applications.
The AD548 is pinned out in a standard op amp configuration and is available in three performance grades. The AD548J and AD548K are rated over the commercial temperature range of 0°C to 70°C. The AD548B is rated over the industrial temperature range of –40°C to +85°C.
The AD548 is available in an 8-lead plastic mini-DIP and surface-mount (SOIC) packages.
- A combination of low supply current, excellent dc and ac performance and low drift makes the AD548 the ideal op amp for high performance, low power applications.
- The AD548 is pin compatible with industry standard op amps such as the LF441, TL061, and AD542, enabling designers to improve performance while achieving a reduction in power dissipation of up to 85%.
- Guaranteed low input offset voltage (2 mV max) and drift (20 µV/°C max) for the AD548J are achieved utilizing Analog Devices’ laser drift trimming technology, eliminating the need for external trimming.
- Analog Devices specifies each device in the warmed-up condition, insuring that the device will meet its published specifications in actual use.
- A dual version, the AD648, is also available.
- Enhanced replacement for LF441 and TL061.
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The Universal Precision Op Amp Evaluation Boards have been designed and optimized for many circuit configurations allowing the users to best suit their applications. These boards are all RoHs Compliant. See references below on what board to order by lead count and package.
- EVAL-PRAOPAMP-1KSZ (Single 5-Lead SC70) KS-5
- EVAL-PRAOPAMP-1RJZ (Single 5-Lead SOT 23) RJ-5
- EVAL-PRAOPAMP-1RMZ (Single 8-Lead MSOP) RM-8
- EVAL-PRAOPAMP-1RZ (Single 8-Lead SOIC) R-8
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.