Features and Benefits
- Four 10-Bit DACS in 16-Lead TSSOP
- Low Power: 500 µA @ 5 V, 400 µA @ 3 V
- Power-Down to 300 nA @ 5 V, 90nA @ 3 V
- Guaranteed Monotonic by Design
- Power-On-Reset to Zero Volts
- Double-Buffered Input Logic
- Output Range: 0 V to VREF or 0 V to 2 VREF
- 2-Wire (I2C™ Compatible) Serial Interface
- Data Readback Facility; Software Clear Facility
- Simultaneous Update via LDAC pin (active low)
- Buffered/Unbuffered Reference Input Options for each DAC
- Temperature Range: −40°C to 105°C
The AD5306 / AD5316 / AD5326 are quad 8-, 10-, and 12-bit buffered voltage output DACs, in a 16-lead TSSOP package, that operate from a single 2.5 V to 5.5 V supply, consuming 500 µA at 3 V. Their on-chip output amplifiers allow rail-to-rail output swing with a slew rate of 0.7 V/µs. A 2-wire serial interface that operates at clock rates up to 400 kHz is used. This interface is SMBus-compatible at VDD <3.6 V.Multiple devices can be placed on the same bus.
- Available in a 16-lead MicroSOIC package
- Low power, single supply operation from 2.5 V to 5.5 V supply
- Consumes 1.2mW at 3 V and 2.5 mW at 5 V
- Rail-to-Rail output with a slew rate of 0.7 V/µs
- Multiple devices can share the same bus
- 2-wire serial interface with clock rates up to 400 kHz
- Pin- and Software-Compatible with the AD5306 (8-Bit) and the AD5326 (12-Bit)
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
Tools & Simulations
Precision DAC Error Budget Tool
The Precision DAC Error Budget Tool is a web application that calculates the DC Accuracy of precision DAC signal chains. It shows how the static errors accumulate throughout your signal chain to quickly evaluate the design tradeoffs. Calculations include the DC errors introduced by Voltage References, Operation Amplifiers and Precision DACs.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.View our quality and reliability program and certifications for more information.
|Part Number||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Pin/Package Drawing||CAD Symbols, Footprints & 3D Models|
|AD5316ARUZ||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||16-Lead TSSOP|
|AD5316BRUZ||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||16-Lead TSSOP|
|AD5316BRUZ-REEL7||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||16-Lead TSSOP|
|Wafer Fabrication Data|
Select a model from the dropdown below to subscribe to PCN/PDN notifications and view past notifications as well.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.