Features and Benefits
- Low drift 2.5 V on-chip reference: 2 ppm/°C typical
- Tiny package: 3 mm × 3 mm, 16-lead LFCSP
- Total unadjusted error (TUE): ±0.1% of FSR maximum
- Offset error: ±1.5 mV maximum
- Gain error: ±0.1% of FSR maximum
- High drive capability: 20 mA, 0.5 V from supply rails
- User-selectable gain of 1 or 2 (GAIN pin)
- Reset to zero scale or midscale (RSTSEL pin)
- 1.8 V logic compatibility
- 400 kHz I2C-compatible serial interface
- 4 I2C addresses available
- Low glitch: 0.5 nV-sec
- Low power: 3.3 mW at 3 V
- 2.7 V to 5.5 V power supply
- −40°C to +105°C temperature range
The AD5316R, a member of the nanoDAC® family, is a low power, quad, 10-bit buffered voltage output DAC. The device includes a 2.5 V, 2 ppm/°C internal reference (enabled by default) and a gain select pin giving a full-scale output of 2.5 V (gain = 1) or 5 V (gain = 2). The device operates from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply, is guaranteed monotonic by design, and exhibits less than 0.1% FSR gain error and 1.5 mV offset error performance. The device is available in a 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP package and in a TSSOP package.
The AD5316R also incorporates a power-on reset circuit and a RSTSEL pin; the RSTSEL pin ensures that the DAC outputs power up to zero scale or midscale and remain at that level until a valid write takes place. The part contains a per-channel power-down feature that reduces the current consumption of the device in power-down mode to 4 µA at 3 V.
The AD5316R uses a versatile 2-wire serial interface that operates at clock rates up to 400 kHz and includes a VLOGIC pin intended for 1.8 V/3 V/5 V logic.Product Highlights
- Precision DC Performance.
Total unadjusted error: ±0.1% of FSR maximum
Offset error: ±1.5 mV maximum
Gain error: ±0.1% of FSR maximum
- Low Drift 2.5 V On-Chip Reference.
2 ppm/°C typical temperature coefficient
5 ppm/°C maximum temperature coefficient
- Two Package Options.
3 mm × 3 mm, 16-lead LFCSP
- Digital gain and offset adjustment
- Programmable attenuators
- Industrial automation
- Data acquisition systems
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The AD5316RDBZ evaluation board is designed to help users quickly prototype new AD5316R circuits and reduce design time. The AD5316R operates from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply.
For full details, see the AD5316R data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with UG-969 when using the evaluation board.
The evaluation board interfaces to the USB port of a PC via the SDP-B board. Software is available to allow the user to program the AD5316R.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board in conjunction with the nanoDAC® motherboard (EVAL-MBnanoDAC-SDZ)
- On-board references
- Various link options
- PC control in conjunction with Analog Devices, Inc., system demonstration platform (SDP)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.