Features and Benefits
- Low power quad 16-bit nanoDAC, ±1 LSB INL
- Low total unadjusted error of ±0.1 mV typically
- Low zero code error of 0.05 mV typically
- Individually buffered reference pins
- 2.7 V to 5.5 V power supply
- Specified over full code range of 0 to 65535
- Power-on reset to zero scale or midscale
- Per channel power-down with 3 power-down functions
- Hardware LDAC with LDAC override function
- CLR Function to programmable code
- Small 16-lead TSSOP
Product DetailsThe AD5066 is a low power, 16-bit quad-channel, unbuffered voltage output nanoDAC® offering relative accuracy specifications of ±1 LSB INL with individual reference pins and can operate from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply. The AD5066 also offers a differential accuracy specification of ±1 LSB DNL. Reference buffers are also provided on-chip. The part uses a versatile 3-wire, low power Schmitt trigger serial interface that operates at clock rates up to 50 MHz and is compatible with standard SPI®, QSPI™, MICROWIRE™, and most DSP interface standards. The AD5066 incorporates a power-on reset circuit that ensures the DAC output powers up to zero scale or midscale and remains there until a valid write to the device takes place.
Total unadjusted error for the part is <0.8 mV. Zero code error for the part is 0.05 mV typically.
The AD5066 contains a power-down feature that reduces the current consumption of the device to typically 400 nA at 5 V and provides software selectable output loads while in power-down mode.
The outputs of all DACs can be updated simultaneously using the hardware LDAC function, with the added functionality of user software selectable DAC channels to update simultaneously. There is also an asynchronous CLR that clears all DACs to a software-selectable code—0 V, midscale, or full scale.
- Quad channel available in 16-lead TSSOP, ±1 LSB INL.
- Individual voltage reference pins
- 16 bit accurate, 1 LSB INL.
- TUE = ±0.8 mV max and zero code error = 0.1 mV max.
- High speed serial interface with clock speeds up to 50 MHz.
- Three power-down modes available to the user.
- Reset to known output voltage (zero scale or midscale).
- Process control
- Data acquisition systems
- Portable battery-powered instruments
- Digital gain and offset adjustment
- Programmable voltage and current sources
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Analog Dialogue (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.