Features and Benefits
- Supports 24-Bits, up to 192 kHz Sample Rate PCM Audio Data
- Supports SACD bit-stream and External Digital Filter Interface
- Multibit Sigma Delta Modulator with "Perfect Differential Linearity Restoration" for Reduced Idle Tones and Noise Floor
- 8.64 mA p-p Differential Output Current for Optimum Performance, with +3 dB headroom in SACD mode
- 5 V Power Supply Stereo Audio DAC System
- 120 dB SNR/DNR (not muted) at 48KHz Sample Rate (A-Weighted Stereo)
- 123 dB SNR/DNR (Mono)
- -110 dB THD+N
- 110 dB Stopband Attenuation with ±0.0002dB Passband Ripple
- Flexible Serial Data Port with Right-Justified, Left-Justified, I2S-Compatible and DSP Serial Port
- Data Directed Scrambling DAC - Least Sensitive to Jitter
- 28 Lead SSOP Plastic Package
The AD1955 is a complete, high performance, single chip stereo digital audio playback system comprised of a multi-bit sigma-delta modulator, digital interpolation filters and a continuous-time differential current output DAC section. Unique to this audio DAC is the separate SACD (super audio CD) bit-stream and external digital filter interface, which allows users maximum system flexibility. The AD1955 supports 24-bits, 192 kHz sample rate and is designed for use in high-end SACD players, DVD-audio, home theater, automotive audio, digital mixing consoles, digital audio effect processors and sampling musical keyboards.
- High-End DVD-Audio, SACD, CD, Home Theatre Systems
- Automotive Audio Systems, Sampling Musical Keyboards, Digital
- Mixing Consoles, Digital Audio Effects Processors
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (2)
This page contains evaluation board documentation and ordering information for evaluating the AD1955.
The Analog Devices USBi “USB Interface” (EVAL-ADUSB2EBZ) board is the interface between your PC's USB port and SigmaDSP hardware's data input pins. This interface can be used with any evaluation board which includes an External SPI/I²C header (Aardvark Header). The EVAL-ADUSB2EBZ board is capable of both SPI and I²C communication (which is user selectable) and can supply IOVDD of either 3.3V or 1.8V.The USBi interface is powered from the computer's USB port.
To Install the USBi Board:
- Connect the USB cable to the USBi Board a spare USB port on your PC.
- The Windows “Found New Hardware Wizard” will launch.
- Choose “Install from a list or a specific location” and click “Next”.
- Select “Search for the best driver in these locations” and Check the box for “Include this location in the search.”
- Press the “Browse” button and locate the appropriate driver file in the SigmaStudio application folder (default folder is C:\Program Files\Analog Devices Inc\Sigma Studio\USB drivers): Select the CyUSB.inf file.
- Click “Continue Anyway” if you're prompted with “This software has not passed Windows Logo testing.”
Using USBi in SigmaStudio:
To communication between SigmaStudio and the USBi board, a communication channel block must be added to the Schematic design. To locate the block, select the Hardware Configuration Tab, in the ToolBox or Tree ToolBox window choose the “Communication Channels” category, and select the USBi block.
This block provides connections for multiple processors (ICs / DSPs), allowing you to use multiple processors in a single design. This block allows you to explicitly specify both the communication protocol (SPI or I²C) and the part's address, I²C address or SPI catch line. The DSP hardware's address must match the block's selected address for communication to function properly. See the parts data sheet for more information about addressing (e.g. ADR_SEL, ADDR0, or ADDR1 pins). The default USBi protocol is I²C, to enable SPI, you must first select an SPI address in the block's drop down menu and then perform three write operations (e.g. press the write button the Register Read/Write Window 3 times). The USBi hardware has LEDs which indicate the current mode, I²C or SPI.
Features & Benefits
Documentation & Resources
Software & Systems Requirements
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.