Features and Benefits
- High common-mode transient immunity: 100 kV/μs
- High robustness to radiated and conducted noise
- Low propagation delay
- 13 ns maximum for 5 V operation
- 15 ns maximum for 1.8 V operation
- 150 Mbps maximum guaranteed data rate
- Safety and regulatory approvals (pending)
- UL recognition: 5000 V rms for 1 minute per UL 1577
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A
- VDE certificate of conformity
- DIN V VDE V 0884-10 (VDE V 0884-10):2006-12
- VIORM = 849 V peak
- CQC certification per GB4943.1-2011
- Low dynamic power consumption
- 1.8 V to 5 V level translation
- High temperature operation: 125°C
- Fail-safe high or low options
- 16-lead, RoHS-compliant, wide body SOIC_IC package
The ADuM260N/ADuM261N/ADuM262N/ADuM263N1 are 6-channel digital isolators based on Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology. Combining high speed, complementary metal-oxide semiconductor (CMOS) and monolithic air core transformer technology, these isolation components provide outstanding performance characteristics superior to alternatives such as optocoupler devices and other integrated couplers. The maximum propagation delay is 13 ns with a pulse width distortion of less than 4.5 ns at 5 V operation. Channel to channel matching of propagation delay is tight at 4.0 ns maximum.
The ADuM260N/ADuM261N/ADuM262N/ADuM263N data channels are independent and are available in a variety of configurations with a withstand voltage rating of 5.0 kV rms (see the Ordering Guide). The devices operate with the supply voltage on either side ranging from 1.7 V to 5.5 V, providing compatibility with lower voltage systems as well as enabling voltage translation functionality across the isolation barrier.
Unlike other optocoupler alternatives, dc correctness is ensured in the absence of input logic transitions. Two different fail-safe options are available by which the outputs transition to a predetermined state when the input power supply is not applied.
- General-purpose multichannel isolation
- Serial peripheral interface (SPI)/data converter isolation
- Industrial field bus isolation
1 Protected by U.S. Patents 5,952,849; 6,873,065; 6,903,578; and 7,075,329. Other patents are pending.
Markets & Technology
- Industrial Automation Technology (IAT)
Aerospace and Defense
- Building Technology
- Instrumentation & Measurement
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-5CH6CHSOICEBZ supports 5-channel and 6-channel iCoupler® standard data isolators in a 16-lead SOIC package. The evaluation board provides a JEDEC standard, 16-lead SOIC_N and SOIC_W pad layout. This layout supports signal distribution, loopback, and loads referenced to the VDDx or GNDx planes, as well as optimal bypass capacitance. Signal sources can be conducted to the evaluation board through header pins or through edge mounted SMA connectors (SMA connectors must be ordered separately). Screw terminal blocks on the evaluation board provide power connections.
The evaluation board includes 0.2 inch header positions for compatibility with active probes (probe header pins must be ordered separately).
The evaluation board follows best PCB design practices for 4-layer boards, including a full power plane and ground plane on each side of the isolation barrier. No other electromagnetic interference (EMI) or noise mitigation design features are included on the evaluation board. In cases of high speed operation, or when ultralow emissions are required, refer to the AN-1109 Application Note for additional evaluation board layout techniques.
Features & Benefits
- Access to 6 data channels
- Multiple connection options
- Support for active probes
- Provisions for cable terminations
- Support for printed circuit board (PCB) edge mounted coaxial connectors
- Easy configuration
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.