Features and Benefits
- Accuracy meets clinical thermometry specification of the ASTM E1112 when soldered onto the final PCB
- ±0.1°C from 25°C to 50°C at 3.0 V
- ±0.25°C from −20°C to +105°C at 2.7 V to 3.3 V
- Ultralow temperature drift: 0.0073°C
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) traceable or equivalent
- Fast first temperature conversion at power-up of 6 ms
- Simple implementation
- No temperature calibration or correction required
- No linearity correction required
- Low power
- 140 μW typical at 3.0 V in 1 SPS mode
- 6 μW typical at 3.0 V in shutdown mode
- Programmable interrupts
- Critical overtemperature interrupt
- Overtemperature and undertemperature interrupt
- I2C-compatible interface
- 16-lead, 4 mm × 4 mm, RoHS compliant LFCSP
The ADT7422 is a high accuracy, digital I2C temperature sensor designed to meet the clinical thermometry specification of the ASTM E1112 standards when soldered onto the final printed circuit board (PCB).
The ADT7422 contains an internal band gap reference, a temperature sensor, and a precision analog-to-digital converter (ADC). The ADT7422 provides a 16-bit temperature result with a resolution of 0.0078°C and an accuracy of up to ±0.1°C across the temperature range of 25°C to 50°C without the need for calibration after the PCB soldering process.
Operating at 3.0 V, the average supply current is typically 210 μA. The ADT7422 has a shutdown mode that powers down the device and offers a shutdown current of typically 2.0 μA at 3.0 V. The ADT7422 is rated for operation over the −40°C to +125°C temperature range.
Pin A0 and Pin A1 are available for address selection and provide four possible I2C addresses for the ADT7422. The CT pin is an open-drain output that becomes active when the temperature exceeds a programmable critical temperature limit. The INT pin is also an open-drain output that becomes active when the temperature exceeds a programmable limit. The INT pin and CT pin can operate in comparator and interrupt event modes.
- No calibration or correction required by the user.
- Low power consumption.
- Long-term stability and reliability.
- High accuracy for industrial, instrumentation, and medical applications.
- Vital signs monitoring (VSM)
- Medical equipment
- Resistance temperature detector (RTD) and thermistor replacement
- Food transportation and storage
- Thermocouple cold junction compensation
- Environmental monitoring and heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC)
- Laser diode temperature control
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-TempSense-ARDZ is an evaluation board kit containing three evaluation boards that allows easy evaluation of the functionality of ADIs precision digital temperature sensors. Interface to the sensors can be either directly on the Arduino shield or by ribbon cable connected to external sensors. Consult the ADT7410, ADT7420, ADT7422, ADT7310, and ADT7320 data sheets in conjunction with the user guide when using the EVAL-TempSense-ARDZ with the Arduino integrated development environment (IDE) or the Analysis Control Evaluation (ACE) Software.
The ADT7410, ADT7420, ADT7422, ADT7310, and ADT7320 are high accuracy digital temperature sensors offering breakthrough performance over a wide industrial temperature range. The devices contain an internal band gap reference, a temperature sensor, and a 16-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC) to monitor and digitize the temperature to 0.0078°C resolution. The devices are available in I2C or SPI versions.
Features & Benefits
Fully featured Arduino shield for the ADT7410, ADT7420, ADT7422, ADT7310, and ADT7320 digital temperature sensors. On board ribbon cable connectors facilitate either I2C or SPI interface to miniature remote sensor boards.
PC control in conjunction with the following Software IDE’s:
- Analysis | Control | Evaluation (ACE) Software
PC control in conjunction with the following Hardware Systems:
- SDP-S, SDP-B, SDP-K1 and Arduino
Compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10
Temperature Sensor Evaluation Kit contains the following boards:
The following evaluation board can be ordered separately where ±0.1°C accurate measurements are required.
Tools & Simulations
3rd Party Solutions (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.