New Content (1)
Features and Benefits
- 5.7 kV rms LVDS isolators
- Complies with TIA/EIA-644-A LVDS signal levels
- Quad-channel configuration
- Any data rate up to 2.5 Gbps switching with low jitter
- 10 Gbps total bandwidth across four channels
- 2.15 ns typical propagation delay
- Typical jitter: 0.82 ps rms random, 40 ps total peak
- Lower power 1.8 V supplies
- ±8 kV IEC 61000-4-2 ESD protection across isolation barrier
- High common-mode transient immunity: 100 kV/μs typical
- Safety and regulatory approvals (28-lead SOIC_W_FP package)
- UL (pending): 5700 V rms for 1 minute per UL 1577
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A (pending)
- VDE certificate of conformity (pending)
- DIN V VDE V 0884-11 (VDE V 0884-11):2017-01
- VIORM = 849 VPEAK (working voltage)
- Enable or disable refresh (low speed output correctness check)
- Operating temperature range: −40°C to +125°C
- 28-lead, wide body, fine pitch SOIC-FP package with 8.3 mm creepage and clearance
The ADN4624 is a quad-channel, signal isolated, low voltage differential signaling (LVDS) buffer that operates at up to 2.5 Gbps with very low jitter. The device integrates Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology, enhanced for high speed operation to provide drop-in galvanic isolation of LVDS signal chains. AC coupling and/or level shifting to the LVDS receivers and from the LVDS drivers allows isolation of other high speed signals such as current mode logic (CML).
The ADN4624 includes a refresh mechanism to monitor the input and output states and ensure they remain the same in the absence of data transitions (for example, at power-on).
For lower power consumption and high speed operation with low jitter, the LVDS and isolator circuits rely on 1.8 V supplies. The ADN4624 is fully specified over a wide industrial temperature range and is available in a 28-lead, wide body, fine pitch SOIC-FP package with 8.3 mm creepage and clearance (for 5.7 kV rms or 8 kVPEAK surge and impulse voltages and reinforced insulation at AC mains voltages).
- Isolated video and imaging data
- Analog front-end isolation
- Data plane isolation
- Isolated high speed clock and data links
- Multi-gigabit serialization/deserialization (SERDES)
- Board-to-board optical replacement (for example, short reach fiber)
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADN4624EB1Z allows quick and easy evaluation of the ADN4624 low voltage differential signaling (LVDS) isolator without the need for external components. The ADN4624 employs Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology to combine a 4-channel isolator with LVDS receivers and drivers into a single, 28-lead wide body SOIC package with finer pitch. The device is capable of running at data rates of up to 2.5 Gbps with low jitter.
The evaluation board has a separate ground and power plane for each side of the isolator. This separation enables the evaluation of the ADN4624 with galvanic isolation between both sides of the device. 1.8 V power supplies are required on each side of the ADN4624 device.
For full details on the ADN4624, see the ADN4624 data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with the user guide when using the EVAL-ADN4624EB1Z.
Features & Benefits
- Isolated ground planes (logic side and bus side)
- High speed layout supports 2.5 Gigabit operation and precision jitter measurements (<1 ps rms for random jitter)
- Convenient connections through SMA terminals
- 1.8 V power on Side 1 (VDD1) and Side 2 (VDD2)
- Ground on Side 1 (GND1) and ground on Side 2 (GND2)
- LVDS input signals: DIN1+, DIN1−, DIN2+, DIN2−, DIN3+, DIN3−, DIN4+, DIN4−
- LVDS output signals: DOUT1+, DOUT1−, DOUT2+, DOUT2−, DOUT3+, DOUT3−, DOUT4+, DOUT4−
- Jumper-selectable refresh mode
- Termination resistors on all LVDS receivers
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.