ADI FreeRTOS Wiki6/4/2018
Features and Benefits
- Based on FreeRTOS 10.4.3 LTS real-time operating system
- Target Processors: ADSP-BF7xx, ADSP-215xx and ADSP-SC5xx (ARM Cortex-A5, ARM Cortex-A55 and SHARC+ cores) processor families
- Add-In for CrossCore Embedded Studio to help configure and debug FreeRTOS applications
- Support common multi-threaded concepts such as timers, mutexes, semaphores, tasks and event queues
- Pre-configured demos for supported processor families
FreeRTOS is a free, scalable real-time operating system. This product supports for the Analog Devices ADSP-BF7xx, ADSP-215xx and ADSP-SC5xx (ARM Cortex-A5, ARM Cortex-A55 and SHARC+ cores) processor families.
FreeRTOS is a low memory operating system developed for embedded systems. It supports many common operating system concepts such as timers, events, mutexes, semaphores tasks and semaphores; all of which can be created dynamically or statically. It has a scheduler which can be configured to be preemptive or co-operative, with optional time slicing.
FreeRTOS is royalty free and is provided with non-GPL licensing.
FreeRTOS for Analog Devices Processors is supported by the CrossCore Embedded Studio development environment.
FreeRTOS for Analog Devices Processors requires one of the following development environments to be installed on your system. Please consult the System Requirements for your development tools for more information.
- CrossCore Embedded Studio - version 2.10.0 or greater