Features and Benefits
- Advanced Solution with ADSP-BF706
- Combine up to 24 external WAV files simultaneously for a true engine sound
- Dynamic Volume Control with multiple ranges
- Up to 16x Pitch Shifting
- Entry level Solution with ADAU1450:
- 2X Pitch Shifting
- Sigma Studio Graphical Interface to simplify tuning
- Generates up to 32 Harmonics for internal mixing based on the RPM Setting
- Supports up to 5 external WAV files simultaneously
- Dynamic Volume Control with up to 64 ranges
Electric Vehicles (EV) and Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEV) are almost silent when travelling at low speed and pose a significant hazard to blind pedestrians. It has been mandated in most regions that EVs and HEVs emit an external sound when travelling at low speeds. ADI have developed an Electric Vehicle Warning Sound System (EVWSS) reference design that creates an engine sound or series of sounds designed to alert pedestrians to the presence of an EV/HEV/PHEV. Warning sounds can be initiated by the driver (similar to the sound from a car horn, but less urgent) but must be automatically enabled at low speeds.
Analog Devices, Inc. is offering two different solutions: For advanced applications where customers may want an in-cabin engine sound for their EV as well as an external engine sound, ADI have developed a solution based on the ADSP-BF706. For entry-level systems, ADI have developed a solution based on the ADAU1450 Sigma DSP. Both systems can synthesize the sound, provide dynamic volume control, frequency shifting and other parameters.