Features and Benefits
- Edge mounted Subminiature Version A (SMA) connector provisions
- Easy connection to test equipment and other circuits
- On board LDOs create clean voltage levels for optimum functionality and reduce the necessary power supply connections to one
- Easy access to various power pins via jumpers
- Configurable external reference divider
- Configurable on-board external VCO via the VTUNE EXT evaluation board connection port
- Auxiliary PLL-VCO outputs
- External VCO inputs
This evaluation kit allows the user to communicate with the HMC1190ALP6NE, Dual-Channel Downconverter with integrated Fractional-N / Integer-N PLL & VCO. The HMC1190ALP6NE RF evaluation board has:
- Bias pins to improve HMC1190ALP6NE performance according to user needs.
- Differential external VCO input and an auxiliary Charge Pump output. These options allow user to use an external VCO for the LO input of the mixer.
- Auxiliary differential LO output which allows user to use internal PLL/VCO of HMC1190ALP6NE, as a signal source up to 4100 MHz.
- On-board VCXO (Voltage Controlled Crystal Oscillator), and a tiny PLL for better phase noise performance.
- External reference input allows user to lock PLL/VCO of HMC1190ALP6NE to their system clock.
- Loop filter components and power supply regulators creating a complete synthesizer test platform. The evaluation board can be re-configured for use with an external reference source.
The kit includes a USB interface board and software that generates a graphical user interface (GUI), allowing the user to:
- Read from & write to all Synthesizer/PLL registers.
- Observe all Synthesizer/PLL register states for programming & debugging
- Program the output frequency of the Synthesizer/PLL
- Reference Divider & Charge Pump Currents
- Monitor the Lock Detect state
- Save and recall Synthesizer/PLL configurations
- Switch between fractional and integer modes
- Scan the operating frequency range of the Synthesizer/PLL
- Alternate between two frequencies using the “Frequency Hop” feature for settling time measurements
- HMC1190A Evaluation Board
- USB Interface Board
- 6-FT. Cable from USB A Male to USB B Male
- DC Power Supply and DC Cables
- Computer (PC) with Standard USB Port
- Operating system of Windows 2000®, Windows XP®, Windows Vista® or Windows 7®
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or higher (available for download from Microsoft Corporation)
Documentation & Resources
HMC1190A Gerber Files5/19/2017
Bill of Materials1/11/2016
PLL and PLL with Integrated VCO Evaluation Kit User Manual1/11/2016
PLLs WITH INTEGRATED VCO RF APPLICATIONS Product and Operating Guide1/11/2016
Bill of Materials1/11/2016
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.