User Guide for EVAL-ADIN1110EBZ10/29/2021
Features and Benefits
- User friendly access to all ADIN1110 features
- Stand-alone hardware configured operation
- Flexible power supplies and prototyping options
- On-board ARM Cortex-M4 STM32L4S5QII3P ultra-low-power Microcontroller
The EVAL-ADIN1110EBZ is a flexible platform enabling quick evaluation of the ADIN1110, robust, low power 10BASE-T1L MAC-PHY. It provides 10Mbit per second Single Pair Ethernet (SPE) connections with devices across 1.7km of cable.
The evaluation board offers two modes of operation for maximum flexibility. Connected to a PC via USB port, the full set of ADIN1110 register settings and features such as link quality monitoring and diagnostics can be accessed over the USB using serial command interface. The board also provides an Arduino interface.
Alternatively, the board can operate in stand-alone mode where it is configured by setting hardware configuration links and switches. On-board LEDs provide status indication.
The SPI interface provides configuration and data access to the ADIN1110.
A small prototyping area and test points are provided for experimentation with alternative cable connection topologies including isolation transformers and/or power coupling inductors.
Markets and Technologies
- EVAL-ADIN1110EBZ board
- 2x plug-in screw-terminal connectors for 10BASE-T1L cable and external power supply
- USB-A to Micro USB-B cable (1 meter)
- Link partner with 10BASE-T1L interface
- Recommended to use ADIN1100EBZ Evaluation Board(RJ45 Ethernet interface to use as media converter between 10BASE-T1L and 10BASE-T)
- 10BASE-T1L compatible Single Pair cable: max. 1.5 mm² / AWG 16 to fit screw terminal connector
- Power supply source: 5 to 32 Vdc, 0.6W, or USB as power for the board
- Optional: PC running Windows 7 and upwards with USB interface
- Optional: ST-LINK programmer
- FTDI USB Virtual Com Port driver (Available from FTDI website)
- Serial port terminal software (e.g. CompuPhase Termite)
Documentation & Resources
EVAL-ADIN1110EBZ Design Files10/29/2021
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.