Features and Benefits
- Highly integrated feature set gives a high brightness LED driver solution with minimal external components
- Four current sink channels with adjustable currents from 0 to 500 mA
- DC LED dimming for noiseless operation
- 2% (max) matching between LED channels
- 5% (max) LED current accuracy
- Operates from Vin of 3.3 V to 30 V. Higher voltages easily accomplished with small external circuit
- Operates with LED anode supply voltages up to 100 Vdc
- Feedback output controls external power source for optimal efficiency and safety
- Multiple ADP8140 ICs can be operated in parallel and control one power supply
- See data sheet for additional features
Product DetailsThe ADP8140 provides high current control of up to four LED drivers. Each driver can sink up to 500 mA. The sink current is programmed for all four drivers with one external resistor.
The device features a feedback output which controls an external power supply for optimal efficiency. The ADP8140 also protects the LEDs, power supply, and itself against thermal events, short circuits, overvoltages, and LED open circuits. Multiple ADP8140 ICs are easily connected in parallel to drive additional LED strings, or higher current LEDs. The ADP8140 is available in a small, thermally enhanced, LFCSP (lead frame chip scale package).
- High brightness LED lighting
- Large format LED backlighting
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.