Features and Benefits
- Simultaneously Monitors Four Supplies
- 16 User Selectable Combinations of 5V, 3.3V, 3V, 2.5V, 1.8V, 1.5V and/or ±Adj Voltage Thresholds
- Guaranteed Threshold Accuracy: ±1.5% of Monitored Voltage Over Temperature
- Selectable Supply Tolerance: 5% and 10% Below Monitored Voltage (LTC2901-3/LTC2901-4)
- Low Supply Current: 43µA Typ
- Adjustable Reset Time
- Adjustable Watchdog Time
- Open-Drain RST Output (LTC2901-1/LTC2901-3)
- Push-Pull RST Output (LTC2901-2/LTC2901-4)
- Individual Nondelayed Monitor Output for Each Supply
- Power Supply Glitch Immunity
- Guaranteed RST for VCC ≥ 1V
- 16-Lead Narrow SSOP Package
The LTC2901 is a programmable supply monitor for systems with up to four supply voltages. One of 16 preset or adjustable voltage monitor combinations can be selected using an external resistor divider connected to the program pin. The preset voltage thresholds are accurate to ±1.5% over temperature. All four voltage comparator outputs are connected to separate pins for individual supply monitoring.
The reset and watchdog delay times are adjustable using external capacitors. Tight voltage threshold accuracy and glitch immunity ensure reliable reset operation without false triggering. The RST output is guaranteed to be in the correct state for VCC down to 1V. The LTC2901-1/LTC2901-3 features an open-drain RST output, while the LTC2901-2/LTC2901-4 has a push-pull RST output.
The 43µA supply current makes the LTC2901 ideal for power conscious systems and it may be configured to monitor less than four inputs. The parts are available in the 16-lead narrow SSOP package.
- Desktop and Notebook Computers
- Multivoltage Systems
- Telecom Equipment
- Portable Battery-Powered Equipment
- Network Servers
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.