The AD5641 contains a power-down feature that reduces current consumption typically to 0.2 μA at 3 V, and provides software-selectable output loads while in power-down mode. The part is put into power-down mode over the serial interface. The low power consumption of the part in normal operation makes it ideally suited to portable battery-operated equipment. The combination of small package and low power makes this nanoDAC device ideal for level-setting requirements such as generating bias or control voltages in space-constrained and power-sensitive applications.Product Highlights
- Available in a space-saving, 6-lead LFCSP and SC70 packages.
- Low power, single-supply operation. The AD5641 operates from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply and with a maximum current consumption of 100 μA, making it ideal for battery-powered applications.
- The on-chip output buffer amplifier allows the output of the DAC to swing rail-to-rail with a typical slew rate of 0.5 V/μs.
- Reference derived from the power supply.
- High speed serial interface with clock speeds up to 30 MHz. Designed for very low power consumption. The interface powers up only during a write cycle.
- Power-down capability. When powered down, the DAC typically consumes 0.2 μA at 3 V.
- Power-on reset with brownout detection.
- Voltage level setting
- Portable battery-powered instruments
- Digital gain and offset adjustment
- Programmable voltage and current sources
- Programmable attenuators
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures
Digital to Analog Converters ICs Solutions Bulletin
Voltage Level Setting Requirements in RF Power Control Circuits
by James Caffrey, Analog Devices, Inc. (ECN, 6/1/2004)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
- 1 week(s) ago in Precision DACs
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.