14-Bit, 80 MSPS A/D Converter
The ADC requires 3.3 V and 5.0 V power supplies and a low voltage differential input clock for full performance operation. No external reference or driver components are required for many applications. Data outputs are LVDS-compatible (ANSI-644) or CMOS-compatible and include the means to reduce the overall current needed for short trace distances.
Optional features allow users to implement various selectable operating conditions, including data format select and output data mode.
The AD9444 is available in a 100-lead surface-mount plastic package (100-lead TQFP/EP) specified over the industrial temperature range (−40°C to +85°C).
- High performance: Outstanding SFDR performance for mul-ticarrier, multimode 3G and 4G cellular base station receivers.
- Ease of use: On-chip reference and track-and-hold. An output clock simplifies data capture.
- Packaged in a Pb-free, 100-lead TQFP/EP.
- Clock DCS maintains overall ADC performance over a wide range of clock pulse widths.
- OR (out-of-range) outputs indicate when the signal is beyond the selected input range.
- Multicarrier, multimode cellular receivers
- Antenna array positioning
- Power amplifier linearization
- Broadband wireless Radar, infared imaging
- Communications instrumentation
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Virtual Eval - BETA
Virtual Eval is a web application to assist designers in product evaluation of ADCs, DACs, and other ADI products. Using detailed models on Analog’s servers, Virtual Eval simulates crucial part performance characteristics within seconds. Configure operating conditions such as input tones and external jitter, as well as device features like gain or digital down-conversion. Performance characteristics include noise, distortion, and resolution, FFTs, timing diagrams, response plots, and more.
Correlating High-Speed ADC Performance to Multicarrier 3G Requirements
by Brad Brannon (Mobile Dev Design, 6/1/2003)
Designing Power Supplies for High Speed ADC
Pushing the State of the Art with Multichannel A/D Converters
Which ADC Architecture Is Right for Your Application?
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.