The AD7794/AD7795 are low power, low noise, complete analog front ends for high precision measurement applications. They contain a low noise, 24-/16-bit Σ-Δ ADC with six differential inputs. The on-chip low noise instrumentation amplifier means that signals of small amplitude can be interfaced directly to the ADC.
Each device contains a precision, low noise, low drift internal band gap reference, and can also accept up to two external differential references. Other on-chip features include programmable excitation current sources, burnout currents, and a bias voltage generator that is used to set the common-mode voltage of a channel to AVDD/2. The low-side power switch can be used to power down bridge sensors between conversions, minimizing the system’s power consumption. The AD7794/AD7795 can operate with either an internal clock or an external clock. The output data rate from each part can vary from 4.17 Hz to 470 Hz.
Both parts operate with a power supply from 2.7 V to 5.25 V. The B-grade parts (AD7794 and AD7795) are specified for a temperature range of −40°C to +105°C while the C-grade part (AD7794) is specified for a temperature range of −40°C to +125°C. They consume a current of 400 μA typical and are housed in a 24-lead TSSOP.
- Temperature measurement
- Pressure measurement
- Weigh scales
- Strain gage transducers
- Gas analysis
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Recommended Digital Isolators
- For cost sensitive designs , we recommend the ADUM7440, ADUM7441 or the ADUM7442 .
- For digital isolators with integrated isolated power , we recommend the ADUM5401, ADUM5402 or the ADUM5403 .
- For isolated USB designs in healthcare and industrial control , we recommend the ADUM4160 .
- For process control applications , we recommend the ADUM1400 or the ADUM1200 .
Recommended High Accuracy, Precision References - 2.5V
- For high output current applications , we recommend the ADR431 .
- For wide supply applications , we recommend the AD780 .
- For cost sensitive applications , we recommend the ADR381, AD1582 or the ADR391 .
- For applications requiring the lowest noise performance and and low power output trim adjust , we recommend the ADR441 .
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.