- Filterless digital Class-D amplifier
- Pulse density modulation (PDM) digital input interface
- 2.4 W into 4 Ω load and 1.38 W into 8 Ω load at 5.0 V supply with <1% total harmonic distortion plus noise (THD + N)
- Available in 9-ball, 1.5 mm × 1.5 mm, 0.5 mm pitch WLCSP
- 92% efficiency into 8 Ω at full scale
- Output noise: 43 μV rms at 3.6 V, A-weighted
- THD + N: 0.035% at 1 kHz, 100 mW output power
- PSRR: 85 dB at 217 Hz, input referred with dither input
- Quiescent power consumption: 10.4 mW (VDD = 1.8 V, PVDD = 3.6 V, 8 Ω + 33 μH load)
- Pop-and-click suppression
- Configurable with PDM pattern inputs
- Short-circuit and thermal protection with autorecovery
- Smart power-down when PDM stop condition or no clock input detected
- 64 × fS or 128 × fS operation supporting 3 MHz and 6 MHz clocks
- DC blocking high-pass filter and static input dc protection
- User-selectable ultralow EMI emissions mode
- Power-on reset (POR)
- Minimal external passive components
The SSM2517 is a PDM digital input Class-D power amplifier that offers higher performance than existing DAC plus Class-D solutions. The SSM2517 is ideal for power sensitive applications, such as mobile phones and portable media players, where system noise can corrupt the small analog signal sent to the amplifier.
The SSM2517 combines an audio digital-to-analog converter (DAC), a power amplifier, and a PDM digital interface on a single chip. The integrated DAC plus analog Σ-Δ modulator architecture enables extremely low real-world power consumption from digital audio sources with excellent audio performance. Using the SSM2517, audio can be transmitted digitally to the audio amplifier, significantly reducing the effect of noise sources such as GSM interference or other digital signals on the transmitted audio. The SSM2517 is capable of delivering 2.4 W of continuous output power with <1% THD + N driving a 4 Ω load from a 5.0 V supply.
The SSM2517 features a high efficiency, low noise modulation scheme that requires no external LC output filters. The closed-loop, three-level modulator design retains the benefits of an all-digital amplifier, yet enables very good PSRR and audio performance. The modulation continues to provide high efficiency even at low output power and has an SNR of 96 dB. Spread-spectrum pulse density modulation is used to provide lower EMI-radiated emissions compared with other Class-D architectures.
The SSM2517 has a four-state gain and sample frequency selection pin that can select two different gain settings, optimized for 3.6 V and 5 V operation. This same pin also controls the internal digital filtering and clocking, which can be set for 64 × fS or 128 × fS input sample rates to support both 3 MHz and 6 MHz PDM clock rates.
The SSM2517 has a micropower shutdown mode with a typical shutdown current of 1 μA for both power supplies. Shutdown is enabled automatically by gating input clock and data signals. A standby mode can be entered by applying a designated PDM stop condition sequence. The device also includes pop-and-click suppression circuitry. This suppression circuitry minimizes voltage glitches at the output when entering or leaving the low power state, reducing audible noises on activation and deactivation.
The SSM2517 is specified over the industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C. It has built-in thermal shutdown and output short-circuit protection. It is available in a 9-ball, 1.5 mm × 1.5 mm wafer level chip scale package (WLCSP).
- Mobile handsets
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
価格は1個当たりの米ドルで、米国内における販売価格（FOB）で表示されておりますので、予算のためにのみご使用いただけます。 また、その価格は変更 されることがあります。米国以外のお客様への価格は、輸送費、各国の税金、手数料、為替レートにより決定されます。価格・納期等の詳細情報については、弊社正規販売代理店または担当営業にお問い合わせください。なお、 評価用ボードおよび評価用キットの表示価格は1個構成としての価格です。