To find replacement products for this part:
Rochester Electronics and Arrow Supply Assurance have partnered with Analog Devices to source products that have been previously discontinued or have become obsolete.
The MAX16927 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount circuit board that provides the voltages and features required for display systems in automotive applications. The EV kit contains a buck converter, boost converter, Cuk converter, positive gate-voltage linear regulator, negative gate-voltage linear-regulator controller, DAC-adjustable positive VCOM buffer, and DAC-adjustable negative VCOM buffer.
The EV kit operates from +6V to +16V or +3V to +5.5V DC supply voltage ranges. The EV kit’s default input range is configured to +6V to +16V. The buck converter (VCC3) is configured for a +3.3V output providing at least 2A. The boost converter (VSH) is configured for a +7V output providing at least 200mA. The Cuk converter (VSL) is configured for a -7V output providing at least 100mA. The positive gate-voltage linear regulator (VGH) is configured for a +12V output providing at least 20mA. The negative gate-voltage linear-regulator controller (VGL) is configured for a -12V output providing at least 20mA. The negative VCOM buffer (VCOML) is DAC adjustable between -1V and +1V and can source or sink 10mA. The positive VCOM buffer (VCOMH) is DAC adjustable between +2.5V and +4.5V and can source or sink 100mA.
The EV kit provides an on-board USB interface circuit to communicate with the SPI interface circuits in the MAX16927 IC.
The EV kit also includes Windows® 2000-, Windows XP®-, and Windows Vista®-compatible software that provides the user interface for exercising the features of the IC. The program is menu driven and offers a graphical user interface (GUI).
- Automotive Central Information Displays
- Automotive Dashboards
- Automotive Navigation Systems
- +6V to +16V Single-Supply Operation
- +3V to +5.5V Single-Supply Operation
- Output Voltages
- +3.3V Output at 2A (VCC3 Buck Converter)
- +7V Output at 200mA (VSH Boost Converter)
- -7V Output at 100mA (VSL Cuk Converter)
- +12V Output at 20mA (VGH Positive Gate-Voltage Linear Regulator)
- -12V Output at 20mA (VGL Negative Gate-Voltage Linear-Regulator Controller)
- DAC-Controlled VCOM Buffers
- -1V to +1V DAC-Adjustable VCOML (±10mA), or
- +2.5V to +4.5V DAC-Adjustable VCOMH (±100mA)
- 2.1MHz PWM Switching Frequency (Buck Converter)
- 1.2MHz PWM Switching Frequency (Boost and Cuk Converters)
- All Output Voltages are Resistor Adjustable (Except for the Buck Converter)
- On-Board USB Interface Circuit Generates SPI-Compatible Signals
- USB-PC Connection and Power (Cable Included)
- PCB Header for User-Supplied SPI-Compatible Signals
- Evaluates the MAX16927GTM/V+ in a 48-Pin TQFN (7mm x 7mm x 0.8mm) Package with an Exposed Pad
- Windows 2000-, Windows XP-, and Windows Vista (32-Bit)-Compatible Software
- Fully Assembled and Tested