- Edge mounted Subminiature Version A (SMA) connector provisions
- Easy connection to test equipment and other circuits
- On board LDOs create clean voltage levels for optimum functionality and reduce the necessary power supply connections to one
- Easy access to various power pins via jumpers
- Configurable external reference divider
- Configurable on-board external VCO via the VTUNE EXT evaluation board connection port
- Auxiliary PLL-VCO outputs
- External VCO inputs
This evaluation kit allows the user to communicate with the HMC1190ALP6NE, Dual-Channel Downconverter with integrated Fractional-N / Integer-N PLL & VCO. The HMC1190ALP6NE RF evaluation board has:
- Bias pins to improve HMC1190ALP6NE performance according to user needs.
- Differential external VCO input and an auxiliary Charge Pump output. These options allow user to use an external VCO for the LO input of the mixer.
- Auxiliary differential LO output which allows user to use internal PLL/VCO of HMC1190ALP6NE, as a signal source up to 4100 MHz.
- On-board VCXO (Voltage Controlled Crystal Oscillator), and a tiny PLL for better phase noise performance.
- External reference input allows user to lock PLL/VCO of HMC1190ALP6NE to their system clock.
- Loop filter components and power supply regulators creating a complete synthesizer test platform. The evaluation board can be re-configured for use with an external reference source.
The kit includes a USB interface board and software that generates a graphical user interface (GUI), allowing the user to:
- Read from & write to all Synthesizer/PLL registers.
- Observe all Synthesizer/PLL register states for programming & debugging
- Program the output frequency of the Synthesizer/PLL
- Reference Divider & Charge Pump Currents
- Monitor the Lock Detect state
- Save and recall Synthesizer/PLL configurations
- Switch between fractional and integer modes
- Scan the operating frequency range of the Synthesizer/PLL
- Alternate between two frequencies using the “Frequency Hop” feature for settling time measurements
- HMC1190A Evaluation Board
- USB Interface Board
- 6-FT. Cable from USB A Male to USB B Male
- DC Power Supply and DC Cables
- Computer (PC) with Standard USB Port
- Operating system of Windows 2000®, Windows XP®, Windows Vista® or Windows 7®
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or higher (available for download from Microsoft Corporation)