New Content (3)
Features and Benefits
- RFin/RFout PA Linearizer SoC in Standard CMOS
- Fully Adaptive Correction
- Up to 28dB ACLR and 38dB IMD Improvement
- External Reference Clock Support:
- 10, 13, 15.36, 19.2, 20, 26, and 30.72MHz
- Low Power Consumption:
- Duty-cycled (9%) Feedback: 600mW
- Full adaptation: 1200mW
- Frequency Range: 225MHz to 3800MHz
- Input Signal Bandwidth: 1.2MHz to 75MHz
- Packaged in 9mm x 9mm QFN Package
- Operating Case Temperature: -40°C to +100°C
- Fully RoHS Compliant, Green Materials
- Dual-RF Power Measurement
The SC1894 is the Scintera® 3rd generation of RF PA linearizers (RFPAL™) that provide improved correction and functionality over the previous generations. The SC1894 is a fully adaptive, RFin/RFout predistortion linearization solution optimized for a wide range of amplifiers, power levels, and communication protocols. The SC1894 uses the PA output and input signals to adaptively generate an optimized correction function in order to minimize the PA’s self-generated distortion and impairments. Using RF-domain analog signal processing enables the SC1894 to operate over wide-signal bandwidths and consume very low power.
The SC1894 goes beyond linearization and provides accurate RF power measurement of RFIN and RFFB. Design support features including spectral monitoring and ACLR alarm are also available. These optional design support are accessed through the SC1894’s serial peripheral interface (SPI) bus.
Evaluation kits are available for evaluating the performance of the SC1894. See the SC1894 data sheet for the frequency variants. See the Sample & Buy table below for EV Kit options. NOTE: The SC1894EVKit requires the use of the SC-USB-SPI-PICO board to connect the SC1894EVKit into a computer.
Note: All SCxx parts are RoHS. An appended “E” at the end of the part number indicates 7” Tape and Reel. No appended letter or a “K” at the end of the part number indicates bulk.
- Broadcast Infrastructure (SC1894A-00C13)
- Cellular Infrastructure (SC1894A-00C13)
- Microwave Backhaul (SC1894A-00M13)
- Wide Range of PAs and Output Power
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Documentation & Resources
UG-7443: SC1894 FW4.5.01.00 Release Notes3/31/20211M
UG-6837: RFPAL Advanced GUI Installation Guide3/25/2019423K
UG-6344: SC1894 Hardware Design Guide10/21/20161M
UG-6343: SC1894 Serial Peripheral Interface Programming Guide10/21/20162M
UG-6342: SC1894 FW4.1.03.08 Release Notes10/21/20163M
Power Amplifier Results: Ampleon 2xBLF6G38-10 Results1/11/2023382 K
Power Amplifier Results: NXP A2I25D025N Results1/11/2023475 K
Power Amplifier Results: NXP A2I35H060N Results1/11/2023386 K