Features and Benefits
- Processed and Qualified to Proprietary RT Flow Using PEM-INST-001 as a Guideline
- 1Msps Throughput Rate
- ±0.5ppm INL (Typ)
- Guaranteed 20-Bit No Missing Codes
- Low Power: 21mW at 1Msps, 21μW at 1ksps
- 104dB SNR (Typ) at fIN = 2kHz
- –125dB THD (Typ) at fIN = 2kHz
- Digital Gain Compression (DGC)
- 2.5V Supply
- Fully Differential Input Range ±VREF
- VREF Input Range from 2.5V to 5.1V
- No Pipeline Delay, No Cycle Latency
- 1.8V to 5V I/O Voltages
- SPI-Compatible Serial I/O with Daisy-Chain Mode
- Internal Conversion Clock
- 16-Lead MSOP Package
- To request samples or a demo board of the commercial equivalent, please visit the LTC2378-20 product page
- Total Ionizing Dose (TID) Tolerance, per TM1019.8, MIL-STD-883: - 10kRad (Si), per condition A at 50Rads(Si)/sec (20kRad data available in Space Data Pack)
- Single Event Latch-Up (SEL) Threshold Linear Energy Transfer (LET) ≥ 30.86MeV-cm2/mg at TCASE = 70°C
The RT2378-20 is a low noise, low power, high speed 20-bit successive approximation register (SAR) ADC. Operating from a 2.5V supply, the RT2378-20 has a ±VREF fully differential input range with VREF ranging from 2.5V to 5.1V. The RT2378-20 consumes only 21mW and achieves ±2ppm INL maximum, no missing codes at 20 bits with 104dB SNR.
The RT2378-20 has a high speed SPI-compatible serial interface that supports 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V and 5V logic while also featuring a daisy-chain mode. The fast 1Msps throughput with no cycle latency makes the RT2378-20 ideally suited for a wide variety of high speed applications. An internal oscillator sets the conversion time, easing external timing considerations. The RT2378-20 automatically powers down between conversions, leading to reduced power dissipation that scales with the sampling rate.
The RT2378-20 features a unique digital gain compression (DGC) function, which eliminates the driver amplifier’s negative supply while preserving the full resolution of the ADC. When enabled, the ADC performs a digital scaling function that maps zero-scale code from 0V to 0.1 • VREF and full-scale code from VREF to 0.9 • VREF. For a typical reference voltage of 5V, the full-scale input range is now 0.5V to 4.5V, which provides adequate headroom for powering the driving amplifier from a single 5.5V supply.
- High-Accuracy Instrumentation
- Imaging Systems
- High-Speed Data Acquisition
- Low-Power Conversion
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.