Product Lifecycle Obsolete
The models in this product family are no longer available.
To find replacement products for this part:
Rochester Electronics and Arrow Supply Assurance have partnered with Analog Devices to source products that have been previously discontinued or have become obsolete.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The MAX8680 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested printed-circuit board (PCB) that evaluates the MAX8680 power-management IC. The MAX8680 accepts an input from 2.7V to 5.5V and provides a complete power-supply solution for digital still cameras (DSCs) and digital video cameras (DVCs). It integrates seven on-chip power MOSFET DC-DC converters, with up to 95% efficiency to power all critical power supplies in DSC systems. All step-up converters also feature True Shutdown™, as well as internal compensation, to minimize external component count.
- DSCs and DVCs
- GPS Navigation Systems
- PDAs and Portable Media Players
Features & Benefits
- 95% Efficient Synchronous-Rectified DC-DC Converters
- 90% Efficient Buck-Boost Operation
- 85% Efficient DC-DC Converters for CCD, LCD, WLED, and/or OLED
- Internal Compensation on All Channels
- True Shutdown on All Step-Up Converters
- Overload Protection
- Soft-Start for Controlled Startup Current
- Dropout Operation (100% Duty Cycle) on All Step-Down Converters
- Regulated Current Output for Up to 6 White LEDs
- PWM Dimming of WLED Current
- Adjustable LED Overvoltage Protection Up to 27V
- Transformerless Inverter for CCD
- 2MHz Switching Frequency for Low-Voltage Channels
- 1µA Shutdown Supply Current
- Power-On Voltage Tracking for Core and Main Outputs
- All Internal Power MOSFETs
- Active-Low SDOK Power-OK Indicator
- 40-Pin, 5mm x 5mm x 0.8mm Thin QFN Package
- Fully Assembled and Tested
Documentation & Resources
MAX8680 Reliability Data1/12/202333K
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.