Features and Benefits
- µMAX Package, Small 8-Pin SO
- Precision Supply-Voltage Monitors
- 2.63V (MAX706P/R, MAX706AP/AR, and MAX708R)
- 2.93V (MAX706S, MAX706AS, and MAX708S)
- 3.08V (MAX706T, MAX706AT, and MAX708T)
- 200ms Reset Time Delay
- Debounced TTL/CMOS-Compatible Manual Reset Input
- 100µA Quiescent Current
- WDI Disable Feature (MAX706AP/AR/AS/AT)
- Watchdog Timer: 1.6s Timeout
- Reset Output Signal:
- Active-High Only (MAX706P, MAX706AP)
- Active-Low Only (MAX706R/S/T, MAX706AR/AS/AT)
- Active-High and Active-Low (MAX708R/S/T)
- Voltage Monitor for Power-Fail or Low-Battery Warning
- 8-Pin Surface-Mount Package
- Guaranteed active-low RESET Assertion to VCC = 1V
The MAX706P/R/S/T, MAX706AP/AR/AS/AT, and MAX708R/S/T microprocessor (µP) supervisory circuits reduce the complexity and number of components required to monitor +3V power-supply levels in +3V to +5V µP systems. These devices significantly improve system reliability and accuracy compared to separate ICs or discrete components.
The MAX706P/R/S/T and MAX706AP/AR/AS/AT supervisory circuits provide the following four functions:
1) A reset output during power-up, power-down, and brownout conditions.
2) An independent watchdog output that goes low if the watchdog input has not been toggled within 1.6s.
3) A 1.25V threshold detector for power-fail warning, low-battery detection, or for monitoring a power supply other than the main supply.
4) An active-low, manual-reset input.
The MAX708R/S/T provide the same functions as the MAX706R/S/T and MAX706AR/AS/AT except they do not have a watchdog timer. Instead, they provide both active-low RESET and RESET outputs. As with the MAX706, devices with R, S, and T suffixes have reset thresholds of 2.63V, 2.93V, and 3.08V, respectively.
These devices are available in 8-pin SO, DIP, and µMAX® packages and are fully specified over the operating temperature range.
- Battery-Powered Equipment
- Critical µP Power Monitoring
- Intelligent Instruments
- Portable Instruments
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
MAX706AT Reliability Data1/12/2023159K
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.View our quality and reliability program and certifications for more information.
|Part Number||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Pin/Package Drawing||CAD Symbols, Footprints & 3D Models|
|MAX706ATEPA+||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Plastic Dual-In-Line, Narrow (0.3in)|
|MAX706ATESA+||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Small-Outline IC, Narrow (0.15in)|
|MAX706ATESA+T||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Small-Outline IC, Narrow (0.15in)|
|Wafer Fabrication Data||MAX706AT Reliability Data|
Select a model from the dropdown below to subscribe to PCN/PDN notifications and view past notifications as well.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.