Product Lifecycle Obsolete
The models in this product family are no longer available.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The MAX5X05 evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates the MAX5705 and MAX5805 12-bit, single-channel, low-power DACs with internal reference and buffered voltage output. The MAX5705 and the MAX5805 come in a 10-pin µMAX® package. The EV kit provides controls to change the DAC output, power operations, and references. The DAC ICs are controlled by an on-board MAXQ microcontroller, which provides two different interfaces: I²C and SPI. The EV kit features Windows XP®-, Windows Vista®-, and Windows® 7-compatible software, which provides a simple graphical user interface (GUI) for exercising the MAX5705 and the MAX5805 features.
The EV kit comes with the MAX5705AAUB+ (SPI) and the MAX5805AAUB+ (I²C) installed. Contact the factory for samples of the pin-compatible MAX5703AUB+ (SPI, 8-bit), MAX5704AUB+ (SPI, 10-bit), MAX5705BAUB+ (SPI, 10-bit), MAX5803AUB+ (I²C, 8-bit), MAX5804AUB+ (I²C, 10-bit), MAX5805BAUB+ (I²C, 12-bit).
- Automatic Tuning and Optical Control
- Data Acquisition
- Gain and Offset Adjustment
- Portable Instrumentation
- Power Amplifier Control and Biasing
- Process Control and Servo Loops
- Programmable Voltage and Current Sources
Features & Benefits
- Wide 2.7V to 5.5V Input Supply Range
- Demonstrates 6.3µs Settling Time of Buffered Output
- High Precision with ±1 LSB INL
- Selectable Output Termination: 1kΩ, 100kΩ, or High Impedance
- Precision 10ppm (max) Selectable Internal References: 2.048V, 2.500V, and 4.096V
- Demonstrates User-Supplied External Reference
- Supports Entire Family of I²C and SPI 12-/10-/8-Bit DACs
- Windows XP-, Windows Vista-, and Windows 7-Compatible Software
- USB-Powered (Cable Included)
- Fully Assembled and Tested with Proven PCB Layout
Documentation & Resources
MAX5803 Reliability Data1/12/2023
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.