Features and Benefits
- Dual, 12-/10-/8-Bit Serial DACs in 4mm x 4mm Thin QFN and TSSOP Packages
- 3µs (max) 12-Bit Settling Time to 1/2 LSB
- Integral Nonlinearity
- 1 LSB (max) MAX5290/MAX5291 A-Grade (12-Bit)
- 1 LSB (max) MAX5292/MAX5293 (10-Bit)
- 1/2 LSB (max) MAX5294/MAX5295 (8-Bit)
- Guaranteed Monotonic, ±1 LSB (max) DNL
- Two User-Programmable Digital I/O Ports
- Single +2.7V to +5.25V Analog Supply
- +1.8V to AVDD Digital Supply
- 20MHz 3-Wire SPI-/QSPI-/MICROWIRE- and DSP-Compatible Serial Interface
- Glitch-Free Outputs Power Up to Zero Scale, Midscale or Full Scale
- Unity-Gain- or Force-Sense-Configured Output Buffers
The MAX5290–MAX5295 dual, 12-/10-/8-bit, voltage-output digital-to-analog converters (DACs) offer buffered outputs and a 3µs maximum settling time at the 12-bit level. The DACs operate from a 2.7V to 5.25V analog supply and a separate 1.8V to 3.6V digital supply. The 20MHz 3-wire serial interface is compatible with SPI™, QSPI™, MICROWIRE™, and digital signal processor (DSP) protocol applications. Multiple devices can share a common serial interface in direct access or daisy-chained configuration. The MAX5290–MAX5295 provide two multifunctional, user-programmable, digital I/O ports. The externally selectable power-up states of the DAC outputs are either zero scale, midscale, or full scale. Software-selectable FAST and SLOW settling modes decrease settling time in FAST mode, or reduce supply current in SLOW mode.
The MAX5290/MAX5291 are 12-bit DACs, the MAX5292/MAX5293 are 10-bit DACs, and the MAX5294/MAX5295 are 8-bit DACs. The MAX5290/MAX5292/MAX5294 provide unity-gain-configured output buffers, while the MAX5291/MAX5293/MAX5295 provide force-sense-configured output buffers. The MAX5290–MAX5295 are specified over the extended -40°C to +85°C temperature range, and are available in space-saving 4mm x 4mm, 16-pin thin QFN and 6.5mm x 5mm, 14-pin and 16-pin TSSOP packages.
- Automated Test Equipment (ATE)
- Automatic Tuning
- Digital Offset and Gain Adjustments
- Fast Parallel DAC to Serial DAC Upgrades
- Industrial Process Controls
- Microprocessor (µP)-Controlled Systems
- Motion Control
- Portable Instrumentation
- Power Amplifier Control
- Programmable Attenuators
- Programmable Voltage and Current Sources
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.