Features and Benefits
- Ultra-Low-Power Wireless Microcontroller
- Internal 100MHz Oscillator
- 512KB Flash and 128KB SRAM
- Optional ECC on One 32KB SRAM Bank
- Bluetooth 5.2 LE Radio
- Dedicated, Ultra-Low-Power, 32-Bit RISC-V Coprocessor to Offload Timing-Critical Bluetooth Processing
- Fully Open-Source Bluetooth 5.2 Stack Available
- Supports AoA, AoD, LE Audio, and Mesh
- High-Throughput (2Mbps) Mode
- Long-Range (125kbps and 500kbps) Modes
- Rx Sensitivity: -97.5dBm; Tx Power: +4.5dBm
- Single-Ended Antenna Connection (50Ω)
- Smart Integration Reduces BOM, Cost, and PCB Size
- Two 16-Bit to 24-Bit Δ-Σ ADCs
- 12 Channels, Assignable to Either ADC
- Flexible Resolution and Sample Rates
- 24-Bits at 0.4ksps, 16-Bits at 4ksps
- Four External Input, 10-Bit Δ-Σ ADC 7.8ksps
- 12-Bit DAC
- On-Die Temperature Sensor
- Digital Peripherals: Two SPI, Two I2C, up to Four UART, and up to 36 GPIOs
- Timers: Six 32-Bit Timers, Two Watchdog Timers, Two Pulse Trains, 1-Wire® Master
- Two 16-Bit to 24-Bit Δ-Σ ADCs
- Power Management Maximizes Battery Life
- 2.0V to 3.6V Supply Voltage Range
- Integrated SIMO Power Regulator
- Dynamic Voltage Scaling (DVS)
- 23.8μA/MHz ACTIVE Mode Current at 3.0V Coremark®
- 4.4μA at 3.0V Retention Current for 32KB SRAM
- Selectable SRAM Retention in Low-Power Modes
- Robust Security and Reliability
- Secure Nonvolatile Key Storage and AES-128/192/256
- Secure Boot to Protect IP/Firmware
- Wide, -40°C to +85°C Operating Temperature
The MAX32680 microcontroller (MCU) is an advanced system-on-chip (SoC), featuring an Arm® Cortex®-M4F CPU for efficient computation of complex functions and algorithms that is qualified to operate at a temperature range of -40°C to +85°C. The SoC integrates power regulation and management with a single-inductor multiple-output (SIMO) buck regulator system. Onboard is the latest generation Bluetooth® 5.2 Low Energy (LE) radio, supporting LE Audio, angle of arrival (AoA), and angle of departure (AoD) for direction finding, long-range (coded) modes, and high-throughput modes.
The device offers large onboard memory with 512KB flash and 128KB SRAM, with optional error correction coding (ECC) on one 32KB SRAM bank. This 32KB bank can be optionally retained in BACKUP mode. An 8KB user one-time programmable (OTP) area is available, and 8 bytes are retained, even during power-down.
An analog front-end (AFE) provides two 12-channel delta-sigma (Δ-Σ) analog-to-digital converters (ADC) with features and specifications optimized for precision sensor measurement. Each Δ-Σ ADC can digitize external analog signals as well as system temperature. An optional programmable gain amplifier (PGA) with gains of 1x to 128x precedes each ADC. ADC outputs can be optionally converted on the fly from integer to single-precision floating-point format. A 12-bit digital-to-analog converter (DAC) is also included. The device also provides robust security features such as an advanced encryption standard (AES) engine, true random number generator (TRNG), and secure boot.
The device is available in an 88L LGA (10mm x 10mm, 0.4mm pitch) package.
- Industrial Pressure, Temperature. Level and Flow Sensors/Transmitters
- Medical Pressure and Temperature Sensors
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The MAX32680 evaluation kit (EV kit) provides a platform for evaluation capabilities of the MAX32680 microcontroller, which is an advanced system-on-chip (SoC) designed for industrial and medical sensors. Power regulation and management is provided by a single-inductor multiple-output (SIMO) buck regulator system and contains the latest generation Bluetooth® 5.2 Low Energy (LE) radio.
- 4-20mA industrial Sensors & Transmitters
- Industrial Pressure,Temperature. Level and Flow Sensors/ Transmitters
- Medical Pressure & Temperature sensors
Features & Benefits
- SMA Connector for Attaching an External Bluetooth Antenna
- 128 x 128 (1.45in) Color TFT Display with SPI Interface
- Two Selectable On-Board, High-Precision Voltage References
- USB 2.0 Micro B to Serial UARTs
- UART1 and LPUART0 Interface is Selectable Through On-Board Jumpers
- All GPIOs Signals Accessed Through 0.1in Headers
- Access to Four Analog Inputs Through SMA Connectors Configured as Differential
- Access to Eight Analog Inputs Through 0.1in Headers Configured as Single-End
- Optional Discrete Filter for the Twelve Analog Inputs
- DAC Accessed Through SMA Connector or Test Point
- 10-Pin SWD Connector
- 10-Pin RV JTAG Connector
- Board Power Provided by USB Port
- On-Board 3.3V LDO Regulator to Power MAX32680 Internal SIMO
- Test Loops Provided to Supply Optional VCORE Power Externally
- Individual Power Measurement on All IC Rails Through Jumpers
- Two General Purpose LEDs and Two General Purpose Pushbutton Switches
Documentation & Resources
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.